The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jul 2, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #21,736 of 21,761
UPS?!?!?!?!

My good friend I suggest you get on your knees and pray to the powers that be. Receiving a package from UPS is like running a gauntlet full of trap doors that drops you down into a pool of sharks with killer lasers strapped to their snouts.

Good luck bro

Jul 2, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #21,738 of 21,761
League of Legends? 

Took me about 5 years to get bored of dota, but that didn't have the lame mmo levelling thing to keep you hooked. I kind of got burnt out from gaming though so not really surprising I got bored.

Jul 2, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #21,739 of 21,761
So where and how have you been?

This is not directed to me, but... I've been busy with my day job ( \o/ ) but truth be told, jobs are boring and the hard work kind of barely pays off. I'm looking to do something on the side though. Like maybe the stock?

No - but I refuse to speak the name in fear that the evil tendrils of addiction will once again drag me down into the abyss...

League of Legends? 

Man, I've poured too much time and effort into it, and also money for some skins. Then I stopped right after the world series finals just before the overhaul with all these newfangled trinkets and stuff. Now I just don't have the energy to pick it up. Oh well.

On the other hand, my latest fix seems to be XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and later on Enemy Within.

Jul 2, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #21,740 of 21,761
Xcom is a great game. I play that when I can set aside a large chunk of time. Haven't picked up Enemy Within yet but it's a definite want. Loaded up during the Steam sale and been playing Bioshock Infinite & Awesomenauts.

Jul 4, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #21,746 of 21,761
So anyone here planning on getting a HifiMan HE-560???
I'm not into open-back headphones anymore but... something about them just call me! I would love to try one! And 4th of July deals... ... hmmmm... let's see...

Jul 4, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #21,747 of 21,761
Last time I checked Hifiman wasn't known for huge savings unless it was an old model being phased out. I have seen the odd 50 bones off deal here and there though

Jul 4, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #21,748 of 21,761
I suspect when you are Sennheiser or Sony, you can run a promotion on a specific model for a deep discount, and you can drive traffic and brand awareness with very little impact to the overall company profit margins. Hifiman doesn't have that luxury - a discount on any of their models probably has a direct impact on their bottom-line.

Jul 4, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #21,749 of 21,761
Actually guys... I had an excellent deal so I bit... not sure if it will work, but order got through!!

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #21,750 of 21,761
Speaking of Sony, I finally decided to invest is a proper DSLR in hopes if improving video quality on my YouTube channel. I placed an order a couple of days ago for an Alpha A5000. I found a nice deal in Amazon Warehouse deals and got it for 396 shipped. In my neck if the woods it usually retails for 450 plus 13% tax. I saved myself a good 70 bones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back