The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Sep 12, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #18,361 of 21,763
Forget about headphones......................
blink.gif

You know you're an audiophile when you're willing to wear that in public
rolleyes.gif

Sep 12, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #18,362 of 21,763
  Check it out guys, that's what the AD cup finish will look like once they ship

Not a bad finish for a plastic cup, but I really wish they went with a different color. Looks too much like "let's pretend I'm a TH900."

Sep 12, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #18,363 of 21,763
The finish itself ended up really nice actually.

I just wonder why he chose that color. It's like the color you see in a car brochure that you avoid like the plague because it's like a carryover from the 50's.

Sep 12, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #18,365 of 21,763
Most def. Mr. Speakers wants to posit this phone as a mature and refined Flagship to his MDs. Which is hilarious, cause for all of his intent, he's still stuck with that Alpha Dog moniker. Just gotta get a tribal band tat so I can rock my ADs in my Tap Out shirt.

That aside, the K3Ks kinda have me questioning my AD plan. Like... what can the AD offer that the K3K doesn't already provide me with? It's just that the upgrade price and hype cycle is havin a corrosive effect on my pragmatic stance (as usual) :l

Sep 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #18,366 of 21,763
  Most folks voted for Cardas IEM impressions over the RE-600s, so expect those at some point in the future. Heck, expect some RE-600 impressions too since I really want to hear 'em.

I'm also really tempted to finally get a pair of CK100Pros.

Side note: Sony's EX line is really something special. Love the comfort, form factor, and the sound. Even coming from IEMs that cost three times as much, I don't feel much lacking in the EX models. Really, if I were a reasonable person I'd just tote around the EX800ST and one of their Android Walkmen.

Gah. Now I'm really tempted to get a pair of XBA-40s too.

Amazon.co.jp here I come....

Ooh. I await your impressions. The XBA-40 is fun in its own way.

Why am I reminded of the RedGiant A03....

Wow, as soon as you said that...

Check it out guys, that's what the AD cup finish will look like once they ship

Pretty. I should get around to designing my cups :p

Sep 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #18,368 of 21,763
  Forget about headphones......................
blink.gif

http://mikekimindustrialdesign.com/Audionauts-Hi-Fi-Marketing-Campaign

Most def. Mr. Speakers wants to posit this phone as a mature and refined Flagship to his MDs. Which is hilarious, cause for all of his intent, he's still stuck with that Alpha Dog moniker. Just gotta get a tribal band tat so I can rock my ADs in my Tap Out shirt.

That aside, the K3Ks kinda have me questioning my AD plan. Like... what can the AD offer that the K3K doesn't already provide me with? It's just that the upgrade price and hype cycle is havin a corrosive effect on my pragmatic stance (as usual) :l

What does the K3K provide you with? You seem awfully passionate about it 
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #18,369 of 21,763
I don't know, I don't mind the color but at the same time I'm with all you guys and wonder why he had to pick that specific color. I do agree the new final version looks quite good compared to the demos we first saw. Oh yeah, according to Dan, he posted there's a couple other surprises he's going to include in the deal. what they are he won't say and people will find out when they receive their AD's

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #18,371 of 21,763
Sep 13, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #18,374 of 21,763
The new Zola Jesus Variations arranged by JG Thirlwell are really freaking awesome.

NIN's Hesitation Marks is also pretty good. Kind of reminding me of Pretty Hate Machine mixed with The Fragile. Only not nearly as epic as that might imply. Still good tho.

I'll be talking more about both albums in an upcoming music entry at some point.

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #18,375 of 21,763
  The new Zola Jesus Variations arranged by JG Thirlwell are really freaking awesome.

NIN's Hesitation Marks is also pretty good. Kind of reminding me of Pretty Hate Machine mixed with The Fragile. Only not nearly as epic as that might imply. Still good tho.

I'll be talking more about both albums in an upcoming music entry at some point.

Going to go +1 with you on Zola, rising quickly into the must have category for music library's.

I'm pretty Luke warm and his brother Bill, about the latest effort from the Rez. I find it meanders around a lot without getting to any driving focus as previous albums have. I'm not sure if hanging around with Mr. Foo and Bowie II has had a good influence here.

Did you spring for the "Audiophile" DL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back