The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread
May 13, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #526 of 2,112
Quote:
Is today gonna be the day?!

Apparently not for me, still on the list but moved up a few. 
frown.gif
biggrin.gif
mad.gif
wink.gif

May 13, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #529 of 2,112
Ok, let's add some sauce to try and ease the waiting. How about speakers, folks? Do we know whether the Taboo MK3 will honestly drive the DM945, or even better, the MG944? If I want something that works in a smallish living room, what are some of the options out there?

I am of course going to be using a good preamp, likely the one in my Burson Conductor or part of a new DAC.

May 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #530 of 2,112
Quote:
Ok, let's add some sauce to try and ease the waiting. How about speakers, folks? Do we know whether the Taboo MK3 will honestly drive the DM945, or even better, the MG944? If I want something that works in a smallish living room, what are some of the options out there?

I am of course going to be using a good preamp, likely the one in my Burson Conductor or part of a new DAC.

No problem with the DM945....I have a pair on order too..... I loved the sound of the combo with the CSP2+ as the Pre-amp.

May 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #532 of 2,112
Steve, you could do that too. The Taboo does have the capacity to be an Integrated amp.

May 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #533 of 2,112
Quote:
No problem with the DM945....I have a pair on order too..... I loved the sound of the combo with the CSP2+ as the Pre-amp.

Decisions, decisions...
Would the MG944 be worthwhile as well? Did anyone get the chance to hear them?

May 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #534 of 2,112
My floorstanding Polks are not very efficient and the taboo drives them to a louder volume than I really care to listen to them. I ran it without the sub from the CSP pre-out and I was still satisfied. The MG944s are way more efficient than my Polk Monitor 60s. They will get loud enough to fill a pretty good sized room with quality sound I would imagine. Now, when I get the Pendragons..... The walls will probably shake.

May 14, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #536 of 2,112
Quote:
Quote:

Decisions, decisions...
Would the MG944 be worthwhile as well? Did anyone get the chance to hear them?

The MG944's work great too...Steve mentioned they may not be available for too much longer.

May 14, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #537 of 2,112
Holy Cats!!! It's shipped!!!  Got a flurry of emails today and then at the end got a tracking number...
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
ksc75smile.gif

S'posed to be here Friday...we'll see if they can get it way up here to the booney's I live in by then.

May,,cough cough..have to..cough..take the day off..cough..think I'm comin' down with something. 
very_evil_smiley.gif
blink.gif
evil_smiley.gif

May 14, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #538 of 2,112
Holy Cats!!! It's shipped!!!  Got a flurry of emails today and then at the end got a tracking number...:D :eek: :D :ksc75smile:

S'posed to be here Friday...we'll see if they can get it way up here to the booney's I live in by then.

May,,cough cough..have to..cough..take the day off..cough..think I'm comin' down with something.  :veryevil: :blink: :evil:

You may get lucky and get it sooner.
Mine was supposed to arrive Thursday but UPS says it will arrive tomorrow!

May 14, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #540 of 2,112
Quote:
You may get lucky and get it sooner.
Mine was supposed to arrive Thursday but UPS says it will arrive tomorrow!

No sleep for you tonight then. That's what happened to me with the HD800s,  but I won't admit it to anyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back