The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread
May 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #496 of 2,112
^ My money was on Donnie's suggestion of the world's first high-fidelity tube-based cell-phone. Gutted to find out it's just another amp :-D

May 6, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #497 of 2,112
Sweet!!! They have 9 products in the shipping department
biggrin.gif
, My Taboo is not one of them
frown.gif
, though it will be breaking onto page one soon...
popcorn.gif

I also order one of the switch boxes.  Will need it for all the testing coming up...
L3000.gif

Now went from "Testing QC" to "Testing"...
blink.gif

May 7, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #500 of 2,112
Quote:
I need more time to enjoy my MK3. I hate being so busy.

There's never enough Taboo time.  I've been choosing it over sleep.  It's the only way.

May 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #501 of 2,112
Quote:
There's never enough Taboo time.  I've been choosing it over sleep.  It's the only way.

That's what I love to read! Now only if the next few weeks would zoom by so I get closer to the top of that list. 

May 8, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #502 of 2,112

That's what I love to read! Now only if the next few weeks would zoom by so I get closer to the top of that list. 

I'm a little embarrassed to say, but I used to check the list multiple times a day. Even then, the waiting period went by quicker than I thought. It'll be worth the wait, just like waiting for the tubes to warm up :)

May 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #503 of 2,112
I can't get mine out of "waiting for a base". They told me they got me in yesterday

and other orders with the same type wood have already been completed.

Not sure why mine is being held in limbo

May 8, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #504 of 2,112
Quote:

I'm a little embarrassed to say, but I used to check the list multiple times a day. Even then, the waiting period went by quicker than I thought. It'll be worth the wait, just like waiting for the tubes to warm up :)

We're both embarassed then. :) I had that email to wind me up a couple of days ago: Your order has been updated to: New. Gee thanks! They still had me with it, I had to refresh.
Tubes warming up, now we're talking. I figured that on the side, I shall be surfing a certain bay for some of the finer quality stuff. I could be easily persuaded towards any recommendations for any "must haves" from folks here.

May 8, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #505 of 2,112

Quote:
I can't get mine out of "waiting for a base". They told me they got me in yesterday

and other orders with the same type wood have already been completed.

Not sure why mine is being held in limbo

That hurts.  It seems like the list has fits and starts, and I've seen some of those base people waiting a while.  But take heart, in the end, it was faster than expected.

We're both embarassed then. :) I had that email to wind me up a couple of days ago: Your order has been updated to: New. Gee thanks! They still had me with it, I had to refresh.
Tubes warming up, now we're talking. I figured that on the side, I shall be surfing a certain bay for some of the finer quality stuff. I could be easily persuaded towards any recommendations for any "must haves" from folks here.

After about 3 weeks, I feel like the stock tubes are settling.  I'll be ready to start rolling soon.  I think the first place I'll start is with the rectifier (Phillips 5R4GYS).  Seems pretty easy to find, and reviews are pretty good.  Really though, I like the sound of the stock tubes more than I thought I would.

May 8, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #506 of 2,112
SWEET!!! I went from "testing" on page 2 to "Shipping department" and moved to on page one in one day...not long now. 
atsmile.gif

May 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #508 of 2,112
May 12, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #510 of 2,112
F5 key is loosing its printing and springyness, may need to be replaced soon...
blink.gif

deep breath, count to ten...patience...
beerchug.gif
 have another glass and/or bottle of whiskey. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back