The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread
Apr 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #466 of 2,112
Quote:
Ugh...mine is waiting for a base. I emailed them 2 weeks ago and they said that wouldn't be a problem.

Hope they manage to get some made pretty soon.

Sorry.  Hang in there though.  It'll be worth the wait.

Apr 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #467 of 2,112
It is great to see everyone either receiving their Taboo or watching it move up the chart! 

beerchug.gif

May 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #468 of 2,112
I've been watching this thread for awhile now and I've been thinking about 
trying a tube amp for my lcd 2's, but want to make sure its a good 
choice. Is there any other recommendations for a tube amp, I should
check-out before getting the Taboo.

May 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #469 of 2,112
Quote:

I have been using Burson Soloist (or Burson Conductor if you're after an all in one) with great success - it's a fantastic amp for the Audeze. Saying that, I also have an order on the Taboo, but have not heard it as I don't have that option.

May 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #470 of 2,112
Quote:

I ran the lcd2's with the woo audio wa2 but it was a poor match.
Of course the wa2 wasn't built with the lcd2's in mind.

Having said that I have read somewhere on headfi about others 
enjoying the woo audio wa6-se and the lcd2's

May 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #472 of 2,112
dave1109, it's impossible to be certain giving different preferences and ears, but Taboo II - the one replaced by the III - is definitely a good choice IMO, and it seems clear the III is only better.

Have you checked out Frank I's original Taboo thread?

As you'll know from the LCD2-amp thread, DefQon thinks highly of the LD Mk 6 (IIRC?) amp.

One of our group recently migrated to the Eddie Current Balancing Act, describing it as "beautiful". Near 3 x the price though :eek:

I guess the most useful thing to say is the advantage of tube-amps is you can tune them to suit you. Taboo is one of the more tuneable IMO. One can achieve neutral, or different kinds of emphasis as desired. Uber-expensive tubes not required.

May 2, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #474 of 2,112
Quote:
I saw Frank's review had a quick mention of the LCD3.

Any Taboo III owners out there using the LCD3 also? Wondering about your impressions.

There may be someone with that combo, but there are only about 25 of the Taboo MK III's in the wild now....

May 2, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #475 of 2,112
I can't speak from experience as I do not own the LCD2 or 3, but I would think that the Audezes would benefit from the 2 different lucid modes' soundstage expansion. I am sure that they sound great on it, as that is the headphone used by steve to create the MK3 Taboo.

May 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #476 of 2,112
I decided to upgrade my Headroom Micro DAC so I yesterday morning (after months of research and contemplation), I ordered a Wyred4Sound DAC-2.  Wyred4Sound is a couple hours from where I live so I expected it to arrive soon- like Monday or Tuesday if all went well.  Well, I was wrong.  I'm listening to it now.  Talk about speedy service.

The Wyred4Sound DAC-2 works well with the Decware Taboo MKIII.

May 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #477 of 2,112
Quote:
I decided to upgrade my Headroom Micro DAC so I yesterday morning (after months of research and contemplation), I ordered a Wyred4Sound DAC-2.  Wyred4Sound is a couple hours from where I live so I expected it to arrive soon- like Monday or Tuesday if all went well.  Well, I was wrong.  I'm listening to it now.  Talk about speedy service.

The Wyred4Sound DAC-2 works well with the Decware Taboo MKIII.

I do love the combination too! I am a big W4S DAC-2 fan!

May 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #479 of 2,112
I do love the combination too! I am a big W4S DAC-2 fan!

I expected to have to suffer through hours of harshness while it burns in.  Right out of the box it's smoother than my last DAC.  This thing is supposed to get better with a few hundred hours?  I'm already glad I went for it.

Quote:
I don't know if I will ever be able to convince myself to spend that much on a DAC, but it does sound like a beast! Congrats.

For months I wondered that about myself.  I guess I know now 
size]
.  I hope you don't suffer the same fate.

May 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #480 of 2,112
I understand the w4s has some drive and energy? Unlike the more deadpan anedio i've 99% decided on. Good to hear it matches the taboo :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back