The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread
May 28, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #1,848 of 2,112
Hey guys, just wanted to jump in here. I have had the Taboo for almost two months now. It has been running about 8 hours each day. I use it at work where I listen to music the most. This thing is beautiful and sounds great. The lucid mode is just icing on the cake. I am using it with the Fostex Thunderpants Headphones. This combo is perfect together. I ordered it with the high and low headphone option so I can try out different headphones in the future. Right now I am using the high option but with only the headphone jack. In the future I am going to convert the headphones to use the 4 pin XLR connector. The music source is a laptop running Foobar into the Emotiva DC1. Can't be happier with this setup.

John

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #1,852 of 2,112
Hi,

I'm just wondering if someone could tell me how this thing sounds with 2 low impedence headphones at the same time, for example is there a loss in dynamics, soundstage, etc., or does it sound better with just 1 headphone at a time? In particular I am looking for a headphone amp that can power 2 of my ortho's (LCD-3F & Alpha Dogs) so my wife and I can both listen together. Sorry, if this has already been discussed but I've ready 10 pages so far and don't feel like reading another 114 so I figured I would just ask.

Oh, also, are there 2 single ended jacks, or 2 balanced jacks, or are there 2 of both?

Aug 8, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #1,853 of 2,112
Hi,

I'm just wondering if someone could tell me how this thing sounds with 2 low impedence headphones at the same time, for example is there a loss in dynamics, soundstage, etc., or does it sound better with just 1 headphone at a time? In particular I am looking for a headphone amp that can power 2 of my ortho's (LCD-3F & Alpha Dogs) so my wife and I can both listen together. Sorry, if this has already been discussed but I've ready 10 pages so far and don't feel like reading another 114 so I figured I would just ask.

Oh, also, are there 2 single ended jacks, or 2 balanced jacks, or are there 2 of both?

The Taboo Mk III was designed around the original Audeze LCD2. Steve built it to have enough power to run a low impedance planer magnetic. I had no trouble driving 2 sets of HP's with mine, though I am a Sennheiser fan and they were 300 ohm HP's. I would expect you would have no trouble with any two headphones.

The jack configuration is your option at checkout on the Decware website. If you need a different config than the site allows, call Steve and speak to him about it. These are all custom units, generally he can make what every you want happen. BTW, Steve is much easier to reach by phone than e-mail....

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #1,854 of 2,112
Great thanks!

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #1,855 of 2,112
Without sifting through all of the pages of this thread......can someone fill me in on this amp and how it sounds with the HD800.

Does it also need the CSP3 to sound its best.

Does the CSP3 sound very good by itself with the HD800 ?

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #1,856 of 2,112
  Without sifting through all of the pages of this thread......can someone fill me in on this amp and how it sounds with the HD800.

The Taboo was designed specifically for Planer Magnetic headphones. It is good with the HD800's but the CSP3 is better. I had both and used them together with the CSP being the pre-amp and the Taboo as the amp. That combo is wonderful as well. However, if you are a Sennheiser fan (or any other high impedance HP) then The CSP3 would be my first choice if you were only going to purchase one device.

Aug 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #1,857 of 2,112

The Taboo was designed specifically for Planer Magnetic headphones. It is good with the HD800's but the CSP3 is better. I had both and used them together with the CSP being the pre-amp and the Taboo as the amp. That combo is wonderful as well. However, if you are a Sennheiser fan (or any other high impedance HP) then The CSP3 would be my first choice if you were only going to purchase one device.

thanks....that would save me some cash.....have you heard the combo of HD800 and CSP3 ?

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #1,858 of 2,112

thanks....that would save me some cash.....have you heard the combo of HD800 and CSP3 ?

No, I had the CSP2+. It was fantastic.

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #1,859 of 2,112
^ And as the CSP3 is merely the CSP2+1 - this is simple arithmetic! - longbow's findings should apply in either case pretty much :p

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #1,860 of 2,112

No, I had the CSP2+. It was fantastic.

Thank you, I have e-mailed steve to see if it can be built with balanced inputs.

Glad to hear it is a great match with the. HD800

Just love the look of the amp....it is a beauty, to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back