The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #1,636 of 3,203
I'm waiting for the T50RP to drop down again...

May 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #1,638 of 3,203
Quote:

Does anyone happen to know whether they typically stock the Soloist and if it's always $999? It's out of stock at the moment and their customer support line just closed about 20 minutes ago so I can't call them up to ask. 

I'd love to pick up the Soloist but obviously would hate to get stuck with $800 worth of gift cards that I have no use for. I'm assuming there are no returns on the gift cards, right?

Thanks for posting the deal!

Edit: confirmed on their site that gift cards are not refundable

Just a heads-up on this - I'm chatting with them right now and they're saying that they do not plan to stock the Soloist any longer. Really disappointing that this was one of the advertised deals and there was almost no stock on the day the sale started and there was no indication that it wouldn't even be available in the future. I'm trying to get a refund on the gift cards for that reason. 

Update: After a little bit of back and forth, they were very accommodating. They offered to either refund my gift card purchases or to special order a Soloist for me ("all sales final" in this case). I chose the latter and should have a brand new Soloist within a few weeks! Thanks again to the OP of the deal and thanks to Drew over at Soundearphones. 

May 2, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #1,639 of 3,203
Quote:
used Sony XBA-3 triple BA for $109 from B&H (Condition 8+) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/800950808-USE/sony_xba_3ip_balanced_armature_headphones.html
used Sony V6 for $49.95 also from B&H (Condition 9) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/800951113-USE/sony_mdrv6_mdr_v6_closed_back_stereo.html

I would just be careful with these as they look to be dropping prices on them drastically. I posted a deal a week ago (which is now expired) on the XBA-3iP for only $79.99 from Best Buy, which I took advantage of and it wasn't used. I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up again.

May 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #1,640 of 3,203
Quote:

I would just be careful with these as they look to be dropping prices on them drastically. I posted a deal a week ago (which is now expired) on the XBA-3iP for only $79.99 from Best Buy, which I took advantage of and it wasn't used. I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up again.

weren't those refurbished ones?

May 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #1,642 of 3,203
Quote:
XBA-3IP for $74.99 at Best Buy is still active 

Best Buy lists them as refurbs, but some are saying they're receiving them as brand new and unopened. I picked mine up yesterday and they were brand new

[size=medium]Bestbuy [/size][size=10pt]refurbished ones are crap…I ordered one and got it packed like new...but they do not sound same like new ones my friend has…not sure all refurbished once from bestbuy are defective or I got one[/size]

May 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #1,643 of 3,203
Quote:
20% off Sound Earphones gift cards with the code dealzmodo. Get on this quick guys, it's a sick deal.

Here's the link to the gizmodo post about it: http://gizmodo.com/a-promo-code-for-audiophiles-is-your-dealzmodo-exclusiv-486244815

I ordered 4 x $500 gift cards from Sound Earphones for $1,600. I did this very early in the morning, taking the risk my plan would work out.

I got an email saying the 4 x $500 gift cards were being shipped via USPS. I used their chat to make sure the gift cards could be stacked. Drew responded that for this promotion, they could be stacked. He also said I should have receive the gift card code via email, which I did not. He immediately emailed me the code.

I then placed an order for the Audeze LCD-3. With the 20% effective discount, that put the brand new LCD-3 at $1,556. There was no tax since I don't live in Ohio. I did get the free overnight shipping via FedEx. I should get them tomorrow. There is still $55 left on my gift card. The website says it will never expire.

Note: Sound Earphones website lists only the balanced XLR cables in their included notes. Drew confirmed that they order straight from the manufacturer and don't open the boxes. So, it should include both balanced and SE cables. I'll find out tomorrow.

My experience with these guys was exceptional. They have great service, and a great return policy that is more than fair. I highly recommend them!

As of today, the promotion is still good! Thanks for the heads up jmatushin. I just spent $1,600 on new headphones I was never going to get. At least the only production headphones that are supposedly better than these are the $5000 Stax, and I'm definitely not going to buy those! Still, I think I got a great deal on new headphones. Can't wait to compare them to the HE-500.

May 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #1,644 of 3,203
Tempted to jump on that same deal HKUSP - but seems the LCD-3 are sold out now.  Let me know if you get them tomorrow and I may go ahead and get the gift cards anyway and just wait for them to come back in stock.

May 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #1,645 of 3,203
Quote:
 I just spent $1,600 on new headphones I was never going to get.

Congrats.. I spent $800 on the LCD2 which I was never planning on getting... I tried to talk myself into the LCD3s, but that purchase would have been hard to hide from the wife... 
smile.gif

May 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #1,646 of 3,203
Quote:
Tempted to jump on that same deal HKUSP - but seems the LCD-3 are sold out now.  Let me know if you get them tomorrow and I may go ahead and get the gift cards anyway and just wait for them to come back in stock.

The good thing about the gift cards is that you'll lock into that discount and it won't expire. The bad thing about those gift cards is that you may end up spending money you weren't going to! But yes, if you know you want the LCD-3s, I'd go ahead with the gift card. I must have gotten their last one in stock. 
biggrin.gif
 For whatever reason, I couldn't stomach $2,000. $1600 just seemed more doable. This is one of the top 3 headphones being produced. That was my justification...

May 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #1,647 of 3,203
Quote:

[size=medium]Bestbuy [/size][size=10pt]refurbished ones are crap…I ordered one and got it packed like new...but they do not sound same like new ones my friend has…not sure all refurbished once from bestbuy are defective or I got one[/size]

Mine was brand new, the seal on the bottom of the box was still intact, and they function fine, so YMMV I guess. You could always try to return or exchange them.

May 2, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #1,648 of 3,203
Quote:
Congrats.. I spent $800 on the LCD2 which I was never planning on getting... I tried to talk myself into the LCD3s, but that purchase would have been hard to hide from the wife... 
smile.gif

You are probably the smarter person, financially speaking. 
smile.gif
 My reasons for taking the big jump was because I already own the HE-500, which is the LCD-2's counterpart. I was comforted knowing David thinks the LCD-3s were better than the LCD-2s in every way. I'd always have that nagging voice wondering what the next one would be like...

I figure I don't have any more to jump up to other than the Stax and I'm definitely not paying that much for headphone and new very expensive amps.

So, I wanted to be done with the HE-500s. However, that velvety bass was so sweet and addictive, I kept wondering what the Audeze's were like. And here I am, my wallet got me again. 

I'll likely keep both HE-500 and LCD-3 since so many think they cater to different tastes. This will be a very nice 1-2 combo. I'm really happy with this and I've never even heard any Audeze's yet!

Congrats to you, too! I hear you on the wife. Fortunately for me, we no longer combine our finances. 
o2smile.gif

May 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #1,649 of 3,203
Quote:

Umm, Best Buy doesn't do the refurbishing. It's done by the manufacturer. And if by crap you mean just as perfect as new, well excellent.

Quote:
XBA-3IP for $74.99 at Best Buy is still active 

Best Buy lists them as refurbs, but some are saying they're receiving them as brand new and unopened. I picked mine up yesterday and they were brand new

I received mine on Monday and they were packed brand spanking new. I also registered them a couple of days ago for the full warranty, strangely enough. Really great deal.

And here's a deal: Scosche IDR305MD Increased Dynamic Range Dark Earphones w/ tapLINE II and Mic - $9.99 after Coupon Code: "EMCXRXV88"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back