The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #1,505 of 3,203
Just did. They've been on my radar for forever, and at that price, I couldn't resist. :)

Maybe the ultimate basshead value headphone. Add some HiFiMan or Shure leather pads to them and you have yourself an amazing phone. :D

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #1,506 of 3,203
Quote:
Maybe the ultimate basshead value headphone. Add some HiFiMan or Shure leather pads to them and you have yourself an amazing phone.
biggrin.gif

Ooooo I'm open for new pad suggestions on them. I have the DT770 pads on them and I love it. Definitely bassier than stock. What Shure pads did you get?

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #1,507 of 3,203
Quote:
Ooooo I'm open for new pad suggestions on them. I have the DT770 pads on them and I love it. Definitely bassier than stock. What Shure pads did you get?

I look to this thread to force me to spend some money and even see what vendor feedback people provide. I'm sure there are other threads where this discussion can take place.

Vibe Sound DJ 750 Noise Reducing Stereo Headphones - VS-750-DJ - $5.99
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/vibe-sound-dj-750-noise-reducing-stereo-headphones/221894403.html

Apr 26, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #1,509 of 3,203

Amazon sells them for a Shure 840 pad replacement. $14.

They also sell the HiFiMan leathers for the HE series for $20 and I think they are slightly better than the Shure only in the size. Slightly larger hole diameter and depth.

Either are fantastic. Go read the M--Audio thread - it has all this info and pictures I posted.

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #1,510 of 3,203
Those looking for a good deal. Please do so with caution. I've have just been kind of duped into buying a sauce pan from Rakuten.com. I want to kick myself placing the order because I don't even want the headphones that bad to begin with, actually I probably won't even use it and give away as a gift. It was kind of my fault for not reading the description but the damn listing had big prints that said Phiaton MS400 Premium Carbon Fiber Headphones on top and black and red color near button as description and I just placed the order. The damn cart and invoice even states it as a headphone too but they are sending me sauce pan (what makes it worse is that the damn pan cost $20 less on Amazon). I've actually made many attempts to cancel the order after a fellow head member made aware of the sauce description. But it seems Wayfair a seller through Rakuten was intent on sending me a sauce pan because they did not cancel the order. Remember the old saying that if something is too good to be true than most likely it is. One good thing did come of this and thatis to never purchase anything from Rakuten and more specifically Wayfair because if there is an issue than your out of luck.

Sorry for my stupid rant.

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #1,511 of 3,203
Quote:
Those looking for a good deal. Please do so with caution. I've have just been kind of duped into buying a sauce pan from Rakuten.com. I want to kick myself placing the order because I don't even want the headphones that bad to begin with, actually I probably won't even use it and give away as a gift. It was kind of my fault for not reading the description but the damn listing had big prints that said Phiaton MS400 Premium Carbon Fiber Headphones on top and black and red color near button as description and I just placed the order. The damn cart and invoice even states it as a headphone too but they are sending me sauce pan (what makes it worse is that the damn pan cost $20 less on Amazon). I've actually made many attempts to cancel the order after a fellow head member made aware of the sauce description. But it seems Wayfair a seller through Rakuten was intent on sending me a sauce pan because they did not cancel the order. Remember the old saying that if something is too good to be true than most likely it is. One good thing did come of this and thatis to never purchase anything from Rakuten and more specifically Wayfair because if there is an issue than your out of luck.

That's quite unfortunate. I'm very skeptical of Rakuten, especially with the recent poor reviews popping up. I would try get a refund. Hopefully you paid through PayPal, so it is easy to just make a request for a refund. If not, I would fight the purchase. A sauce pan and a headphone are two extremely different things, false advertising FTL. 

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #1,513 of 3,203
Quote:

Nobody hasn't yet received a sauce pan, that's a supposition so I would say wait until you get it. In any case, you can always return it.

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #1,515 of 3,203
Quote:
Nobody hasn't yet received a sauce pan, that's a supposition so I would say wait until you get it. In any case, you can always return it.

Actually I can verify that it is a sauce pan. Go the actual Wayfair.com  ->My Account-> Track My Order -> Look Up an Order: fill in your shipping zip code, buyer's last name, recipient's last name and walla you are then directed to a page stating you order a sauce pan and it gives you the same exact tracking number provided by Rakuten.com of which of which is for a headphone. Coincidence? I think not and the fact that Wayfair doesn't even have any Phiaton headphones. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back