The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #587 of 3,203
I tried adding one headphone to my cart and it put a second completely unrelated headphone in my cart also. Looks like a total scam website. You even have to call them to talk about paying with PayPal. What a joke.
Quote:
http://www.adgtron.com/p4513/REFURBISHED-Sennheiser-Hd-595-Hd595-Headphones-bstock-with-War/product_info.html?osCsid=4ahfa4ar8sl2ndhkeja327fa52

595's for the same cost as 518's
eek.gif
this site has LOADS of good deals.

Mar 7, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #589 of 3,203
Quote:
I tried adding one headphone to my cart and it put a second completely unrelated headphone in my cart also. Looks like a total scam website. You even have to call them to talk about paying with PayPal. What a joke.

Yea, I actually just went through the buying process for those D7K headphones (great price if legit). Went through with all my info and then gave me a bunch of HTML after hitting confirm order. Either they say they have the item but don't, or they are just out to get your information.

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #590 of 3,203
I got that HTML gibberish too but the order did go through as its in my account history. No email unfortunately (confirmed it didn't hit the spam folder) and whether anything gets fulfilled is the question.

Yea, I actually just went through the buying process for those D7K headphones (great price if legit). Went through with all my info and then gave me a bunch of HTML after hitting confirm order. Either they say they have the item but don't, or they are just out to get your information.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #591 of 3,203
Quote:
http://www.adgtron.com/p4513/REFURBISHED-Sennheiser-Hd-595-Hd595-Headphones-bstock-with-War/product_info.html?osCsid=4ahfa4ar8sl2ndhkeja327fa52

595's for the same cost as 518's
eek.gif
this site has LOADS of good deals.

That's usually the second red flag. The first one being already mentioned by the OP:
If you find a price that is too good to be true, then it probably is.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #592 of 3,203
Quote:
I got that HTML gibberish too but the order did go through as its in my account history. No email unfortunately (confirmed it didn't hit the spam folder) and whether anything gets fulfilled is the question.

Well, definitely going to keep a close eye out on my credit card. Dicey times...
ph34r.gif

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #593 of 3,203
Didn't see this mentioned yet: TTVJ has 10% off on the HE-300 ($225) and HE-500 ($630) until March 11th.

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/dealoftheday.asp

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #594 of 3,203
Speaking of HiFiMAN, ive decided that my goal by end of senior year (two years) is to have a HE-400, Modi/Magni stack, and SR325i's. Is that too unreasonable considering I'll have to pay 1/3 of the payments for a new car and gas?

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #595 of 3,203
Quote:
Speaking of HiFiMAN, ive decided that my goal by end of senior year (two years) is to have a HE-400, Modi/Magni stack, and SR325i's. Is that too unreasonable considering I'll have to pay 1/3 of the payments for a new car and gas?

How would we know if that is unreasonable? We know nothing of your daily life or financials... If you have a job, etc. Short answer no it would not be unreasonable. The rig you intend to have is about 600 total if you shop around.

Anyway... this is a deal thread. Lets stay on topic.

Mar 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #598 of 3,203
Quote:
Well, definitely going to keep a close eye out on my credit card. Dicey times...
ph34r.gif

I have actually bought a pair of HD558's from ADGtron through Amazon, and they were legit and shipped fast. I ended up returning them and they promptly put the money back in to my account. I don't know if that's comforting at all to you, but I would buy from them again since their return policy is legit. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back