The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #1,006 of 3,203
They do come with an amp, but amazon sometiems sells them for less than $600 if you want to wait.  Here you can see it. 

Market price has gone up by a lot since December of last year. This is likely the best deal you're going to get for a while.

Mar 26, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #1,008 of 3,203
Quote:
How are the ESP950's? I rarely if ever hear about them.. or any other Koss phones for that matter (cept Porta Pro, KSC75, DJx00... thats all I've ever heard) But their inventory has a ton of stuff. PRO4AA (the retro 70s one) looks extremely interesting.

Thanks for this deal.. Will probably get either the PRO4AA or the Porta Pros just for s & giggles.

Porta Pros are fun. Sound kinda shocks you when you first hear them. Nice punch and easy to love for casual listening. 

Mar 26, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #1,009 of 3,203
Oh, and for those that were curious I got the HD650's in the mail a few hours ago and haven't taken them off my head since!! And I don't know if its just wishful thinking but these things are new. They do not in any way look like they have ever been used. Only thing that look slightly used was the box. They have new ear pads for sure and headband is also unused. They still have the clamp of a new pair as well like they've never been worn. So its either great job vminnovations or I got a steal for $298 either way I couldn't be happier I decided to pull the triggers on these bad boys and won't hesitate to buy them again if/when they go on sale again.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #1,010 of 3,203
Awesome. Congrats. That echoes pretty much everything I've heard from other people getting refurbished HD650s and HD600s from reliable sellers. Basically like-new. Could be a customer return that was only used for a day or something silly like a pallet that got roughed up and the boxes were injured so they couldn't sell as brand new.

Enjoy! 

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #1,011 of 3,203
Quote:
Awesome. Congrats. That echoes pretty much everything I've heard from other people getting refurbished HD650s and HD600s from reliable sellers. Basically like-new. Could be a customer return that was only used for a day or something silly like a pallet that got roughed up and the boxes were injured so they couldn't sell as brand new.

Enjoy! 

Thanks, I couldn't be happier

Yah, check out the box above and you can see it isn't in the best condition but everything thing else is perfect and was still sealed so I may have gotten lucky here. Only down side is now I'm thinking about geting the hd598 and I need to be saving up for either a better amp/dac or who knows. Last thing I need is another open can right after getting the 650's lol

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #1,013 of 3,203
What do you mean? The three dots next to the L? That's so that you can feel with your hands which side is left without having to look.

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #1,014 of 3,203
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Tube-Only-Headphones-Amplifier-For-Sennheiser-HD-580-600-650-Beyer-DT880-/330879261292?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item4d09f0da6c&nma=true&si=q9sekuclwydE5XdbBn%252Fur%252B0%252F%252BII%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

!!! Someone actually bought one of these ridiculous things! I guess it's kind of like that classic story of the salesman who tries to sell something insanely overpriced, and says that most people will pass it by, but the one person who bites makes it all worth it.

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #1,018 of 3,203
Quote:
Ha, didn't look closely, not paying attention those look like weird scratches or something sort'a

Or they would be Braille for the letter L the other side has Braille for the letter R

beerchug.gif

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #1,020 of 3,203
Quote:
Ha, didn't look closely, not paying attention those look like weird scratches or something sort'a

LOL no worries. Had me worried for a second there 
eek.gif

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back