the DAP of your dream.
Sep 26, 2012 at 1:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

castleofargh

Sound Science Forum Moderator
Let's pass the fairy tale dap with perfect sounding, super small, 500gig, with atomic battery that outlives you (not only because of radiations
eek.gif
)

Pick as much as you want, knowing that the answers are paired to oppose themselves. but i trust you guys to be above 50 IQ so you will figure it out.
Then based on the answers the industry will make its next flagship and sell more that pokemons. and they lived happily ever after... (then i wake up)

Anytime i talk about that with some friends we all aim for the same thing, except it is not what the manufacturers are making. So let s see what you guys want.(and if i m just weird
frown.gif
)

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #2 of 12
Nooooooooooooo! I think I just described the DX100. I don't have that kind of $$$ laying around...
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #4 of 12
great poll - well done

btw I always use a line out to my GS Voyager amp, so if it were there I'd vote for a DAP with NO headphone output, just concentrate on the Line out.

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #5 of 12
Put a "STOCK" custom equalizer on a 64gb (128gb would be perfect) iPod touch and I'm all set.

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #6 of 12
I'll take everything right in the middle -- Oh, like my Cowon J3 32GB.  
blink.gif

Sep 26, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #7 of 12
hm the things i want aren't on the poll...
add fallowing thing:
-128GB Flash Storage! (Chips are avialable already!) 
-Micro SDXC
-Android, Running on 800 Mhz Dualcore
- LINE OUT!
-user replaceable battery
-Micro Usb 3.0 (allowing a current of up to 700mah(i think) for faster Charging!)

EDIT: Oups, Line Out is alsready there
EDIT: DEDICATED Line-Out Port, allowing charging and listening at the same time (i don't wanna waste the USB Port!

yeah :p

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:
Put a "STOCK" custom equalizer on a 64gb (128gb would be perfect) iPod touch and I'm all set.

yeah what about a clip+ with jeteffect and BBE? 
wink.gif

Quote:
I'll take everything right in the middle -- Oh, like my Cowon J3 32GB.  
blink.gif

do you know why they stopped it, when pretty much all the reviews in the world have been telling us to get one? it s often a challenge to understand cowon. like why they put android on the D3 that has a small screen and small battery, but no android on the X9 when it s a brick with a big screen and a huge battery?
confused.gif

Quote:
hm the things i want aren't on the poll...
add fallowing thing:
-128GB Flash Storage! (Chips are avialable already!) 
-Micro SDXC
-Android, Running on 800 Mhz Dualcore
- LINE OUT!
-user replaceable battery
-Micro Usb 3.0 (allowing a current of up to 700mah(i think) for faster Charging!)

EDIT: Oups, Line Out is alsready there
EDIT: DEDICATED Line-Out Port, allowing charging and listening at the same time (i don't wanna waste the USB Port!

yeah :p

sorry mate, but i already used the max lines for the poll. i had other ideas like the type of line out you mention. thing is i had to stay mainstream if we want this poll to reflect the majority's point of view.
as for 128gb flash storage i would love to see that, but look around, it s already pretty common not to find the 32gb model of a dap in store (well it s actually hard to find any non apple dap in a store nowadays)

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #9 of 12
A clip+ with a better battery & sdxc compatibility - not requiring Rockbox. That would be kool as well,... I'm not fond of jeteffects or bbe.

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
A clip+ with a better battery & sdxc compatibility - not requiring Rockbox. That would be kool as well,... I'm not fond of jeteffects or bbe.

Mach3Bass is cool, but BBE sucks.

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #12 of 12
plz people vote!
even if you live in a country ruled by a king or some scary general, this is your chance! you can vote and make a difference... on a useless poll.

i m calling all the 65 people with an internet connection in north korea, vote for my poll!

thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back