The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion thread
Apr 20, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #333 of 519
I actually have the H8 non pro version....so I can't really say to help out...

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #334 of 519
I actually have the H8 non pro version....so I can't really say to help out...

The difference is not that big so your opinion based on your H8 would suffice. I'm thinking about getting the Duo or probably the new Pure II.
My previous experiences with amp was underwhelming so its good to have opinions before i commit to a buy

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #335 of 519
That's why I think the Alien is a wicked source, organic and powerful sound with enough warmth.
Yet, I took the duo which is an awesome amp to underline the bass frequency, and it goes really deep, and yet, the H8 are so capable the upper region won't suffer from it.

Problem with the duo is it's thickness...wouldn't dare call it portable added to an ak

Apr 20, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #336 of 519
That's why I think the Alien is a wicked source, organic and powerful sound with enough warmth.
Yet, I took the duo which is an awesome amp to underline the bass frequency, and it goes really deep, and yet, the H8 are so capable the upper region won't suffer from it.

Problem with the duo is it's thickness...wouldn't dare call it portable added to an ak

With the bass switch on do you feel the bass to be overwhelming ?
The boost is fixed and from various resources, many claimed its a bit too much but since the Harmony series have quite clean bass response this might not be the case i suppose

Apr 20, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #337 of 519
Personally I love it...maybe some 2 or 3 songs where it's too much, but can't say if bad record or too much bass...

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #338 of 519
I tried with my h8pro few daps. (Dx90,A15 with portaphile micro, ak100II and cowon plenue 1)
My preference goes to the cowon. (With linum bax cables)
plenty of power, many details and lot of dynamic (and the soundstage )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back