The Cresyn Thread
Jul 1, 2005 at 7:26 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nights_85
I slight understatement there.. I could use mine to hammer nails into a plank of wood!

team constructionfi. check.

Jul 2, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #18 of 22
So far I agree with stopa's perceptions of the AXE2 buds, the bass is certainly lacking presence and impact, but its not that bad, you know, they are earbuds but they aren't those cheap ones I used to get with my portable tape player in the early 90s. There is bass it just is slightly blured in the presentation with the very forward very present lower-mid frequency range. Also the highs are not very present. When I first listened to them I would have said that there were a lot of highs, but after getting used to the earbud sound again I realise that its just that, the earbuds sound that is small and trebley. The treble is detailed and recessed behind those everpresent mids, but not rolled off like the treble in the Shure E-Series canalphones or overly present like in Etymotic Researches offerings. No, this treble is nice and controled and waiting in the background not trying to disturb anyone, pops in every once in a while for a visit and sneaks away slyly. Fits modern pop well because there is a lock of exploration of the treble in modern pop and when there is good treble in modern pop music it usualy sounds weird if it takes centerr stage so to speak. All in all not a treble lovers earbud, but a controled treble lovers friend.

Sep 20, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #19 of 22
I have a pair of AXE2 buds that I got with my M3, and I like them more than my Sennheiser MX450s to be honest. But if you like the way they look, you may want to look into the Cresyn E700/Creative EP880/Audio-Technica ATH-CM5s. Supposedly they're all the same bud, but just rebranded, and from what I've read, they seem to be a bigger better take on the AXE2. Here's a link that another head-fier gave me within a recent thread, and also check out audiocubes.com's selection of Audio-Technica/Cresyn products: http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...n-electronics/

Sep 20, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #21 of 22
Creative now also OEMs Cresyn E-700 (IIRC) earbuds. My absolute favorite, over the Sony E888. Of course, I haven't heard anything more expensive but for more expensive earbuds I have Etys and UE-10 Pros.
tongue.gif

Aug 4, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #22 of 22
Any impressions on newer Cresyn IEM`s ? This thread is pretty old, maybe some newer products are good?
Was looking around in internet and those look interesting:
AXE5
C740S
C110S
C750E/EP810
C510E

Users who are viewing this thread

Back