The Continuation Of The Sony Walkman 1Z/1A Thread!
Nov 15, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #2,566 of 5,322
Has anyone ever had issues with Folders on their Walkman? I have 13 albums by The Beatles and when I move them to my Walkman, no matter how I move them, they create a "Database Error". If I view them in recently added there is no issue, but if I select Artist and scroll once I get to The Beatles it will give me the database error pop up. and I notice that the artist has "--" instead of showing "13" as the number of albums for the artist.
All of my music is properly tagged and the rest of my 10236 songs are fine. If I go to folder view I can view the albums and play them. Any Ideas of what I might be able to do or test to fix this?

I would suggest going into Device Settings and choose to create the database again, or try a factory reset (after backing up potential music from the internal storage).

Nov 15, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #2,567 of 5,322
I would suggest going into Device Settings and choose to create the database again, or try a factory reset (after backing up potential music from the internal storage).
Thanks for the recommendation.
I got it sorted. I had to unmount the SD card in settings, remove the SD card, then format the internal storage in settings (the option only appears once you unmount or remove the SD card), then create a new database in settings, power down the Walkman, reinsert the SD then boot it up and it properly rebuilt the database upon reboot.

The option to format the internal storage came in handy since you don’t have to reset the entire player and loose your settings. I’m only spelling it out in case someone else runs into a similar issue in the future and searches the thread for help with metadata or file management.

Nov 16, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #2,568 of 5,322
Thanks for the recommendation.
I got it sorted. I had to unmount the SD card in settings, remove the SD card, then format the internal storage in settings (the option only appears once you unmount or remove the SD card), then create a new database in settings, power down the Walkman, reinsert the SD then boot it up and it properly rebuilt the database upon reboot.

The option to format the internal storage came in handy since you don’t have to reset the entire player and loose your settings. I’m only spelling it out in case someone else runs into a similar issue in the future and searches the thread for help with metadata or file management.
Has happened to me once acter many additions and deletions (when i had upgraditis from CD flac to 24-bit and DSD). I had added and deleted songs and the player juat threw a database error. The fix was like you did. Format internal memory, remove the card and make a new database

Nov 16, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #2,569 of 5,322
Has happened to me once acter many additions and deletions (when i had upgraditis from CD flac to 24-bit and DSD). I had added and deleted songs and the player juat threw a database error. The fix was like you did. Format internal memory, remove the card and make a new database
Mine has random song blips at times. Shutting it down and powering it back up usually works.

Nov 16, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #2,570 of 5,322
I am not a flashy person, so I covered NW-WM1Z in a black silicone case. Allan Holdsworth sounds AMAZING. 20211116_123544.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #2,571 of 5,322
I am not a flashy person, so I covered NW-WM1Z in a black silicone case. Allan Holdsworth sounds AMAZING. 20211116_123544.jpg
Show us your Gold 😁
image.jpg
I dont cover mine

Nov 17, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #2,572 of 5,322
Recently B&H had a $129 1TB Extreme SD card special I missed out on.
Was this the best pricing so far? Would it be likely Black Friday pricing would be the same or for Amazon based on previous years trends?

Nov 18, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #2,573 of 5,322
Was this the best pricing so far? Would it be likely Black Friday pricing would be the same or for Amazon based on previous years trends?
I got my second one from amazon last uear for about 180€ it was a lightning deal (these lightning deals last only 15 minites and are random) keep watching it

Nov 18, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #2,574 of 5,322
Out of curiosity what volume do you all find yourself listening at for low impedance transducers, like 16-40 ohm range? Lately I am finding myself listening around 14-22 out of 120 (or whatever the max is, i never get anywhere near it) for my IEMs, earbuds, and easy to drive headphones like 1AM2. It’s almost making me regret investing in balanced cables and all that because I feel like I never need the volume to be that loud or have that much power for the gear I listen with haha. I think a few months ago when I would listen much louder, in the 30-50 range it was because I didn’t have bassy enough transducers ands was trying to get that low end sounding fuller, but now that I’ve found gear that matches my preferred sound signature I can hear what I want with the volume way lower.

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #2,575 of 5,322

Could be the lowest so far from a reputable source. I've never see this price on amazon, right now is on it's lowest at 174.27$ without tax.

Nov 18, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #2,576 of 5,322
Could be the lowest so far from a reputable source. I've never see this price on amazon, right now is on it's lowest at 174.27$ without tax.
Roghtnow amazon Germany has no deal. It is at full price of 250€

Nov 18, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #2,577 of 5,322
Shipping has gone up so much that with taxes it really pushes the price up so if I could get that price again I'll go for it. Hopefully Black Friday will see similar pricing.

Nov 18, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #2,579 of 5,322
One good thing is the prices have been going down steadily too.
I was hoping a 1.5 or 2tb might have been out by now to drop the 1tb price. I wonder what the limitations of a microSD card are being so small?
A 1tb will do me for many years to come.

Nov 18, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #2,580 of 5,322
I was hoping a 1.5 or 2tb might have been out by now to drop the 1tb price. I wonder what the limitations of a microSD card are being so small?
A 1tb will do me for many years to come.

Interesting question, i found this browsing a bit

Do memory cards have any max file size limitation?

There are three things to consider here:
  1. There are different SD versions that support different capacities (see https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/choices/):
    • SD - 2GB
    • SDHC - 32GB
    • SDXC - 2TB
  2. Most filesystems are limited in their size. You need to pick a filesystem that is capable of using the entire size of the SD card. Which one you chose is also dependent on the environment you will be using it in. Some common choices for high capacity filesystems include:
    • FAT32 - 2TB
    • exFAT - 512TB
    • NTFS - 264 clusters (multiples of 512 bytes)
  3. Most filesystems have a limit on the size of any one individual file:
    • FAT32 - 4GB
    • exFAT - 512TB
    • NTFS - 16EB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back