The Continental V3
Nov 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 9
Look like They do not have Tube Stock anymore For continental v3 and In The next Time they
Launching continental v4.
This was happened With continental v2 to v3
IMO

thats interesting because i know they are using hard to find tubes for their continental amplifiers....wonder how many more continentals they can come out with if they are using old deadstock tubes before they run out.

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #4 of 9
You can get backup Thompson 6111s as I did online. That is the best way to protect your investment.

Love the V2 as it was the second amp I ever got and I sold it to get the V3.

I love it.

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #6 of 9
Not sure you really need a back up 6111 tube. I sure ALO Audio would  have a supply of these in-stock. Also in their literature they do mention because of the rated life of the tube, replacement is non issue.

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #7 of 9
Feb 4, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #9 of 9
Not sure you really need a back up 6111 tube. I sure ALO Audio would  have a supply of these in-stock. Also in their literature they do mention because of the rated life of the tube, replacement is non issue.
I don't think this is an entirely true conclusion, as the V2 has a Raytheon that they ran out of stock and then the Thomson, which IMHO was a fantastic tube. I bet the V4 - if there is such a product - will have a GE AF 6111A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back