The concept of sound stage - having it and having it right.
Oct 30, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #31 of 35
I don't think the HJE900 is bad at all as a product but I find the sound stage to be pretty similar to what most other earphones are capable of.

Oct 30, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #32 of 35
Critic of Soundstage as a measure of technical proficiency reporting for duty!  
basshead.gif
etysmile.gif

Oct 30, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #33 of 35

Quote:
[size=10pt]I will not keep an IEM with ‘enhanced’ soundstage or other spatial effect. [/size]

I hate agreeing w/ you.  Odd coincidence we share 3 phones in common.  
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 30, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #34 of 35
I mean it depends on what you consider soundstage... I wouldn't say it's wider than my FC700. It feels about the same as my RX700, after much A/Bing. My PX200 probably had the best largest of the headphones I've owned. But to me it's all about how much I feel the sound is realistically portrayed outside of my head, how "sharp" positional cues are, regardless of how spacious the presentation may be. Obviously not everyone's getting the same impression, but I'm completely with joker's description of the HJEs having more depth and width and "hologram-esque" spacing. All my other headphones(MC5 too), except for the PX200-II, have their positional cues somewhat blurred on a 2d plane, imo. But then of course my word doesn't hold very much weight given that I haven't heard nearly as many headphones as any of you =P. StTough auditioning headphones in-store is not at all an accurate way to measure a headphone's performance, I found that listening to full size headphones with my own tracks out of my Sansa Clip+ and B&H's public amps on a relatively quiet day revealed the Pannies having a soundstage realism comparable a number of full-sizes I tried. Different ears, I guess.

On another note, time to finally edit my sig.

Oct 30, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #35 of 35

Users who are viewing this thread

Back