THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Apr 3, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #2,911 of 3,298
As someone who designed products for humans to use, i would tell you that you lost your job for saying what you jist said. Just because it fits you isn't really a way to determine if it's good design or not.

I said what?...I can only speak for myself and my melon😉

NOMAX

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #2,912 of 3,298
I said what?...I can only speak for myself and my melon😉

NOMAX
It is a good idea to take into account the experiences of others before you make broad claims about superior design.

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #2,913 of 3,298
Of the 25 people I have shown the Composer to so far, there was only one for whom it was too big😎

NOMAX

PS.So now I have to make my way to Vienna...today I have a Meet&Greet at Austrian Audio Headquaters
Let's see if I can take some good photos 👍

IMG_0421.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #2,915 of 3,298
Of the 25 people I have shown the Composer to so far, there was only one for whom it was too big😎

NOMAX

PS.So now I have to make my way to Vienna...today I have a Meet&Greet at Austrian Audio Headquaters
Let's see if I can take some good photos 👍

Okay And I have tried it with 16 or so and one quarter of them are having fit troubles. Mostly women. And as a frequent traveler to Austria my observation is that people there are larger than average. You clearly do not understand industrial design.

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #2,916 of 3,298
Okay And I have tried it with 16 or so and one quarter of them are having fit troubles. Mostly women. And as a frequent traveler to Austria my observation is that people there are larger than average. You clearly do not understand industrial design.
The limited size range is obviously an oversight — and an interesting one, since their other models seem to offer better fit for smaller heads. I don’t know why that’s the case, but the construction seems flexible enough… a shorter band should be sufficient. So maybe they can still change that…

Normally I’m not using the smallest setting on any headphone, but on the Composer that’s the one that fits me.

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:06 AM Post #2,917 of 3,298
The limited size range is obviously an oversight — and an interesting one, since their other models seem to offer better fit for smaller heads. I don’t know why that’s the case, but the construction seems flexible enough… a shorter band should be sufficient. So maybe they can still change that…

Normally I’m not using the smallest setting on any headphone, but on the Composer that’s the one that fits me.
And as I recall your head is likely slightly larger than average. In the car after meeting with you Johanna said that the reason she preferred the E3 was likely due to the better fit.

And then there is the problem for people who's ears stick out. It's a good design, for high end headphones, but that bar is pretty low...
And for comfort and fit nothing comes close to the HD800S. And that is almost a 15 year old design

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #2,918 of 3,298
The average rating from what hifi is like 5 stars… just saying.
I know what you mean...
Giving them the benefit of doubt, might be that they only publish reviews for products they like. Or at least one team member likes... Which of course makes offset calculation hard etc.
I do like to read reviews, but take it more as prose than real help in taking a decision. Or as a heads-up of interesting products.

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #2,919 of 3,298
So after a few hours at Austrian Audio .... would you like to hear the good news or the bad news first?😎

IMG_0425.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.lol 😜

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #2,922 of 3,298
Aren’t there only good news?

All about it when I'm back from Vienna and back home at the weekend 👍
(I really have to start losing weight when I look at the photos🙈😂)

NOMAX

PS.next Stop now for me the kopfhoererboutique 😎

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #2,923 of 3,298
And then there is the problem for people who's ears stick out.
No worries.....AA has come up with a very simple solution in this regard for this people
Yes, if a construct is well thought out, then some things can be upgraded later 😉

NOMAX

PS.I don't want to reveal any more about it yet

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #2,924 of 3,298
No worries.....AA has come up with a very simple solution in this regard for this people
Yes, if a construct is well thought out, then some things can be upgraded later 😉

NOMAX

PS.I don't want to reveal any more about it yet
Well, this must be a pair of magnetic spacer-rings that can be placed under the magnetic pads to raise them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back