THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Mar 16, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #2,836 of 3,195
A lot has happened since then, new models have come out.

Too many if you ask me....🙈🤣(It's even worse in the inear range)
One thing has changed in recent years....one thing you notice is that customers make an effort to compare before they spend their money.....and that's a good thing👍
Before that, everything was bought wildly

NOMAX

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #2,837 of 3,195
Has anyone compared these to Grado PS2000e?
As much as I like the PS2000e, on a technical level the Composer is much nearer to what I'd call a realistic rendition of recorded music. Its the brighter headphone, making the Grados treble sound just too subdued and limited in reach. But the Composer does not simply offer more treble, it offers more details in the treble. The Composer also makes the room sound bigger. Voices are presented well and engaging by both, and this is for sure a forte of the Grado, but its easier to pick out details on the Composer. Yet the Grados representation brings emotion and is not bad at all.
Bass is no contest, even with the PS2000e presenting good details and not intruding into lower mids. The Composer has outstandingly deep reaching bass that stays clear and defined and doesn't restrict itself to the higher regions of bass.
Overall I think they complement each other. Interestingly I found the GH2 to be more tonally similar to the Composer than the PS2000e (midbass and up). And strange as this may be, I still spend a lot of time with the PS2000e, despite the Composer being what I'd call more correct.

Please keep in mind that the Composer seems more efficient, which makes reliable a comparison harder. I used my M17 since I did not want to dig out the 6.3mm cable for the Composer.

Mar 19, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #2,838 of 3,195
As a happy owner of the HE 1 for years, I am also very happy with the Composer these days.

Cheers,
Bernie
There is already a certain similarity in the tonality recognizable according to measurements. Between 20 and 6000 Hertz on average approximately only about 1 to 1.5 dB deviation, remarkable,…😀

I find the Composer interesting, maybe some of my few purchases in 2024 .

Klangvolle Grüße , NOMOS

IMG_4572.png

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #2,839 of 3,195
Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #2,840 of 3,195
The Composer also excels with Massive Attack, for example, even though most of their albums have a rather limited dynamic range. The Composer nonetheless shines with good dynamics, great (low) bass reproduction and well-drawn instrument placement and soundstaging.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #2,841 of 3,195
Some percussion, impulses & bass for soundchecks:

Nightports w/ Betamax
from Nightports w/ Betamax

Mar 22, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #2,847 of 3,195
I tried to do it and didn't even get an email confirmation...

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #2,848 of 3,195
Im in if they place the serial number under the foam. very disappointed they went the other way. soundwise it’s the best for sure.
The serial number is located under the metal bracket.

AA Composer Seriennummer.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back