THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Feb 10, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #2,266 of 3,199
Have you seen their driver manufacturing facilities? Seen the drivers made from raw materials?
Have you seen Sennheiser facilities? Dans? Mezes?
Peddling nonsense conspiracy stories is not very helpful.

Feb 10, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #2,267 of 3,199
Thanks to a friendly dealer, I was able to test the Composer at home, but the first positive impression at the dealer was followed by disappointment.

The music is reproduced very competently, what arrives at the ear is excellent, but I miss the distance to the music, the “view” from the front. The direct music reproduction of the Composer stresses me out and prevents emotions. The generous use of crossfeed could perhaps help here, but unfortunately I can't test it.

I can recognize the quality of the Composer, but also that he is not made for me ☹️

Heads up👍....then it will be a different pair of headphones with a more reserved performance for you

NOMAX

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #2,268 of 3,199
The big chunk of foam that makes the front damping is most likely responsible for the linearity of the bass.

Not really 😉
(and sorry.....everything can't be revealed )

NOMAX

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #2,271 of 3,199
The sound stage or lack of?
I wouldn't call it a lack of stage. However, the stage builds up less in front of the head, as is the case with the HE1000se and HD800, but rather wraps around the head to the ear.
This can possibly be solved with crossfeed.

Feb 10, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #2,272 of 3,199
Feb 10, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #2,273 of 3,199
Isn’t the DCA AMTS just from dampening? More complex but it sits in front of the driver and tunes the sound.
DCA uses meta materials with 3D printed sound channels to shape overall frequency response. I wouldn’t call that front damping because it is not damping.

I think at some point with more R&D money DCA could put the meta materials behind the driver so there is less acoustic resistance and perhaps make E3 a bit easier to drive well.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #2,274 of 3,199
Have you seen Sennheiser facilities? Dans? Mezes?
Peddling nonsense conspiracy stories is not very helpful.
I have seen headphone manufacturing facilities in China - they OEM for well known brands globally and those facilities require tens of millions in investment.

Sennheiser can make their own drivers because they generated $350 million ish revenue on an annual basis before the sale. Focal probably also has the $$ to make their own drivers because they are backed by a multi billion PE fund and they probably also generated $200 million + in revenue.

Small boutique headphone companies has the tools to make planars in house but not dynamic drivers because they are orders of magnitude more complex to make.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #2,275 of 3,199
I have seen headphone manufacturing facilities in China - they OEM for well known brands globally and those facilities require tens of millions in investment.
Which of course proves that everyone else just buys there… your theories are getting weirder by each post. I’m sorry, that’s not worth my time anymore.

Feb 10, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #2,276 of 3,199
Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #2,277 of 3,199
Which of course proves that everyone else just buys there… your theories are getting weirder by each post. I’m sorry, that’s not worth my time anymore.
Boutique audio companies don’t have the financial resource to invest in a manufacturing facilities for dynamic drivers.

Feb 10, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #2,278 of 3,199
Boutique audio companies don’t have the financial resource to invest in a manufacturing facilities for dynamic drivers.
Which just shows that you didn’t do your homework.

Feb 10, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #2,279 of 3,199
Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #2,280 of 3,199

Users who are viewing this thread

Back