THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
May 24, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #3,301 of 3,431
Without going into any details… would a simple spacer work with the magnetic pad holder mechanism? I don’t think so…
Yes, if they had their own magnets. But that would make them "non simple" I suppose.

May 24, 2024 at 8:16 PM Post #3,302 of 3,431
The future will look like this...that most high-end over-ears will run on the small portable devices....at home...as well as on vacation😎
(In 10 years, almost nobody will buy a stationary setup/tower for it....and if then only very few)

IMG_0490.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.My second hobby besides headphones....always on vacation🤪
I think you are wrong. You should know material science moves at a very slow pace and almost all hi-fi makers are small businesses with no R&D resource for anything truly groundbreaking (AirPods by themselves generated $14 billion last year for Apple).

I predict high end headphone market will shrink with more people migrating to Apple once they have built enough AI compute resource in their SOC. They will be able to use AI model to recreate a perfect soundscape in real time based on lidar scan of your internal ear canal structure and will be able to transform the sound to tailor to your personal physical attributes and also based on your personal preference (you can tell the AI model to make changes in real time). I think IEM and most full sized audiophile cans will not exist as none of those is perfect in terms of sound profile. High end will survive because they use exotic materials, exotic constructions and unique materials (like wood) that people like.

Also, people spending money for the very high end cans don't want a compromised mobile experience when they can max out their experience using desktop systems at home/studio.

May 24, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #3,303 of 3,431
I just find it strange that more and more people are giving up their stationary solution and opting for the Dap or the small mobile Device😎

NOMAX

PS.Because the little dwarves get better from year to year😉

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #3,304 of 3,431
For now, a fine headphone easily reveals the quality differences between portable solutions (dap, dongle dac/amp) and a desktop dac/amp. Also between a €300 dac/amp and a €2000 dac/amp. If ever portable technology advances up to the sound quality standards of high-end devices, then we can expect changes. Until then I am sure that desktop solutions will exist along with portable ones.

May 26, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #3,305 of 3,431
I just find it strange that more and more people are giving up their stationary solution and opting for the Dap or the small mobile Device😎

NOMAX

I am strictly portable.

May 27, 2024 at 2:27 AM Post #3,306 of 3,431
I also use a stationary devices.....I don't want to deny their qualities either
But most of the time I use my Lotoo as well my Sp3000... I love the plug and play without having to mess around with cabling etc etc😎
(My He1 actually gets very little playing time.....but when I start it up again I really appreciate what I have💪👍👍 )

NOMAX

PS.And if a model is very easy to drive...it really doesn't need a stationary set-up for thousands of €€€€ to enjoy the qualities of the Over Ear

Last edited:
May 27, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #3,307 of 3,431
Openback as portable for outdoor activities is just no

May 27, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #3,309 of 3,431
Actually some open back headphones for outside walking work much better then you think.
I can not twist my brain to ignore external noise. Even closed backs that do not isolated well is a no go outdoors. I mainly choose cIEMs or airpods max with the only downside to stay extra careful when crossing streets.

If I'm visiting village or mountains at this stage in life nature beats music

May 27, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #3,310 of 3,431
There are two main kinds of portable use:
1. Outdoor or away from home activities of all natures which may take place in noisy or difficult environments for concentration. I believe that expensive / high-end gear is meaningless or out of place in such cases.
2. Environments away from home but well controled: Private office, second house, hotel staying for work etc. Only in such cases high quality gear can be meaningful.
One must decide what kind of portable use one needs.

Also, I think that there is a big misunderstanding about power and driving capabilities. It is very rare that an amp does not have enough power for most high quality headphones, at least for the dynamic kind. What is missing much more often is a high quality signal not a powerful signal. A really excellent amp/dac will sound excellent even when is adjusted to medium/normal volume, thus supplying VERY FEW mW to the headphone connected. A mediocre amp/dac will never give satisfying sound with a good headphone, no matter how powerfull its signal can became. It is a matter of quality mWs not plenty mWs. High power in portable devices is not giving high quality sound automatically, nor is solving any real problem with most headphones.

May 27, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #3,311 of 3,431
I went ahead and pulled the trigger when I saw that audio46 offered me no restocking fee. I should get them early next week. Worse case, it'll only cost me the return shipping. Who knows--maybe I'll keep them.

May 27, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #3,312 of 3,431

NOMAX

The future will look like this...that most high-end over-ears will run on the small portable devices....at home...as well as on vacation😎
(In 10 years, almost nobody will buy a stationary setup/tower for it....and if then only very few)

IMG_0490.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.My second hobby besides headphones....always on vacation🤪
You must be sleeping and dreaming while posting coz that's not ever gonna happen.

May 27, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #3,313 of 3,431
You must be sleeping and dreaming while posting coz that's not ever gonna happen.

Wake me up when the sales figures for stationary towers for thousands of €€€ rise again.....Unfortunately, those days are over 😎

NOMAX

PS.Don't worry...I've already fulfilled my dream with the HE1....and it will last a very long time 😉
And with the Composer, I am also able to dream at other places 👍

Last edited:
May 27, 2024 at 10:24 PM Post #3,315 of 3,431
Nobody needs a stationary setup. There are many portables capable of audible transparancy.

That doesn't mean that some, perhaps many people will still want a stationary setup, but it is silliness to think they are necessary.

I should modify this though to indicate that there very well could be some headphones that require so much power that reasonably no truly portable device (currently) would likely drive them to their fullest potential.

However, such headphones are the exception not the rule. It would be silly of me to not acknowledge this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back