THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Apr 18, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #3,076 of 3,199
Sound very fine! One of the top headphone amps!
I wonder what changed your opinion? Earlier you made it sound like the amp wasn't really special. You could only here a very small, subtle possible no difference when engaging "the button" (TTT). I do like that it is a fully discrete design, but I wonder why they chose class AB? It's selling for approximately the same price as the moljnir 3 which is an absolutely sublime amp. Yes in the case of the full score one you get a nicer industrial design, but, unlike something you wear (ie a headphone) the design has no effect on the sound or comfort.

Apr 18, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #3,077 of 3,199
In other news I've borrowed a Shanling EC Mini, a portable CD player (note: not for mobile use) that includes a nice headphone amp as well. Pairs well with the Composer as a very minimal setup that still sounds good.

IMG_4167.jpeg

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #3,078 of 3,199
Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 6:15 AM Post #3,079 of 3,199
Those who already have their amps and daps...I recommend one thing....just enjoy your tracks with the Composer for the next few months 👍......
This will save you time and money for the upcoming summer 🤘😎✌️

NOMAX

PS.......until the right time comes and you get what no cable/no dac/no amp can offer you 😉

I’m so curious I can’t handle it lol. Is it something that can be used portable or stationary??

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #3,080 of 3,199
Everyone who has these headphones will be even more satisfied and even more enthusiastic about him and his performance 👍💪
(Yes, a technically very well thought-out transducer also leaves room for other options to go a different ways)

NOMAX

PS.Just have confidence in the choice you have made with the Composer from Austrian Audio and in the future 😉
(Now, however, it would be much too early to say more)
But as we all know, anticipation is the best kind of it 😊

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #3,081 of 3,199
Everyone who has these headphones will be even more satisfied and even more enthusiastic about him and his performance 👍💪
(Yes, a technically very well thought-out transducer also leaves room for other options to go a different ways)

NOMAX

PS.Just have confidence in the choice you have made with the Composer from Austrian Audio and in the future 😉
(Now, however, it would be much too early to say more)
But as we all know, anticipation is the best kind of it 😊

In NOMAX we trust! :L3000:

And in the unlikely event that he disappoints me: :deadhorse:

Cheers :beerchug:
Bernie

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #3,083 of 3,199
Friday evening session with the Composer and some tube glowing while it's raining again outside 👌

PXL_20240419_180548220.jpgScreenshot_20240419-200705~2.pngScreenshot_20240419-195022~2.pngScreenshot_20240419-200840~2.pngScreenshot_20240419-201007.png

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #3,084 of 3,199
<buy a modest desktop rig, he said. you don't use it very often, so keep it modest!, he said.>

A couple months later, and here I am, deep into looking at multi-kilo'buck headphones, knowing full well they'll get used like maybe 5 hours a month after the initial shiny new toy period, LOL. Head-fi strikes again! I've been here waaaay too long to not know beforehand this was gonna happen.

Anyway, in all seriousness, this time of year, my focus (and more importantly, my hobby $$$$) is dedicated to golfing season, so no imminent purchase for me. However, if today I was "buying to try and return for a re-stocking fee if it doesn't work out" my gut instinct would push me towards the Composer vs. the other candidates (and there have been many from $1,300 to almost $4,000) that I've delved into the past several months.

Having time to wait to buy will allow me to observe more users' experience with the Composer specifically, so not entirely bad for me that another hobby is taking precedence.

Apr 20, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #3,086 of 3,199
I've been using my AAComposer headphones for a few months in my recording studio. They've quickly become my reference for mixing/composing. I have many other headphones (Audeze LCD5,LCD-X,XC,Focal Clear and Stellia) but the AA are the ones I use all the time now. Amazing resolution, clarity and bass end - I just go to them automatically I've come to like them so much. Sometimes I put them on to check a mix/performance for any noises that I might have missed on speakers. Often I end up keeping them on for ages without realising it. Such is the pleasure of listening on them. Yup I'm a big fan, I just like everything about them.

Apr 20, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #3,087 of 3,199
I've been using my AAComposer headphones for a few months in my recording studio. They've quickly become my reference for mixing/composing. I have many other headphones (Audeze LCD5,LCD-X,XC,Focal Clear and Stellia) but the AA are the ones I use all the time now. Amazing resolution, clarity and bass end - I just go to them automatically I've come to like them so much. Sometimes I put them on to check a mix/performance for any noises that I might have missed on speakers. Often I end up keeping them on for ages without realising it. Such is the pleasure of listening on them. Yup I'm a big fan, I just like everything about them.
It will be nice to have a photo of your composer in the studio.

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:05 AM Post #3,088 of 3,199
Apr 21, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #3,089 of 3,199
If you keep your eyes open, you will meet some of them at the High End Show in Munich 😎

NOMAX

Ps.lol

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #3,090 of 3,199
Largest sound stage I can achieve with what I have using the Composer.

FIIO m17=>LAiV Harmony=>Ferrum OOR (pre) => Mcintosh MHA200

Attachments

• IMG_3144.jpeg
    IMG_3144.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back