THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Sep 28, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #211 of 3,565
Please press the Button with Expanse and tell me what you hear

I can only do that when I have an XLR cable...I have modified all my headphones to Pentaconn 🙈

NOMAX

PS.later this week...I'm excited about it myself too 👍

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #212 of 3,565
One of my main test tracks...if you listen to this and compare it with the HE1000/Nutopia etc etc then you will immediately know what I mean
The bass is so physical and airy at the same time...i really can't describe it in words👍

The transducer really moves air mass to your ear....amazing for a dynamic one👍
(It looks like he is really technically sophisticated)

NOMAX

PS.with a HE1000SE or Nutopia only mild breeze against it 🙈

Also this Track....👍only the Composer is able to bring it in the right direction to my ears

The beginning of this track 😇

Now,lets have fun 😎

But now i stop it, otherwise you'll really think I'm crazy 🙈😂

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #215 of 3,565
Please - continue sharing thoughts about specific tracks and what your perceptions are. I believe that is more important that FR/Technicalities on a general level.

Ok but only with 95 db.....because it really has to be a blast for me🙈 otherwise it won't be any fun😎
(Now a lot of people will laugh about it, but that doesn't matter to me)

NOMAX

PS.Finally, to calm me down....my last track for tonight...also heavenly this live track 😇 (his original studio recording from 1986 is terrible 😝)

Good night

Lol

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #217 of 3,565
Ok but only with 95 db.....because it really has to be a blast for me🙈 otherwise it won't be any fun😎
(Now a lot of people will laugh about it, but that doesn't matter to me)

Oh dear God.....!!! :fearful:

There is nothing more awesomely, epically over-the-top than early-90's Bolton!! :sweat_smile:

But don't you dare stop rockin', Nomax!! :L3000:

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #218 of 3,565
(Best example The HD800S...no low end/Bass,to lean,to much treble but its wide and huge the room,
Wide and huge rooms sound divine with albums like this https://listen.tidal.com/album/67213521, but I guess it will be a long time before someone comes with a AKG K1000 or HD 800S like stage but with good tonality :frowning2: , may be the Arya Organic can do the trick with a bit of EQ .....

Sep 28, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #219 of 3,565
Thank you and also thanks again for the volume level. Some people don't realize how big a difference that is - even with the same headphone.

Prost.

The better and the less disturbing elements there are in the tonal tuning, the more one likes to turn up the volume
This is like my HE1......I'm always at least 12 o'clock at the volume scale
If a model is too bright and garish, you will never like to listen to it loudly because it is disturbing to the ears

NOMAX

PS.My report on the amp Score One later tonight 👍

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 12:27 AM Post #220 of 3,565
Wide and huge rooms sound divine with albums like this https://listen.tidal.com/album/67213521, but I guess it will be a long time before someone comes with a AKG K1000 or HD 800S like stage but with good tonality :frowning2: , may be the Arya Organic can do the trick with a bit of EQ .....

The Arya organic does one thing very well...it also has that slight boost in the low end and has a remarkable airiness👍.....but its peak can turn out to be distracting on a lot of tracks
(More excess energy in the high frequency)......For lovers of the classic genres, however, this can fit very well

NOMAX

PS.I'll get back later, I have to get going now, hopefully it works and harmonizes today as I imagine it.......Score One with the Stealth/Expanse/Nutopia..and not only with The Composer

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 1:19 AM Post #221 of 3,565
Oh dear God.....!!! :fearful:

There is nothing more awesomely, epically over-the-top than early-90's Bolton!! :sweat_smile:

But don't you dare stop rockin', Nomax!! :L3000:

Yes those were the days 😎👍
(Where there was not much headphones on the market and I had....Grado RS1/K1000 and the Orpheus which I also had for a very long time)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #223 of 3,565
Offtopic, among Orpheus and HE-1 which one did you like more ?

HE1....because it moves more air mass
(Too bad that the X9000 can not do that☹️)

NOMAX

Ps.But the Expanse/Stealth/Composer can do it 👍
Incidentally, Bernie (AA's acoustician) also likes the Stealth very much🤫....was with mine a few times to visit them

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #224 of 3,565
People who wear glasses or have beards shouldn't have any problems with the Composer, as the memory foam adapts to my cap 👍👍
(What I also think is cool is that the cable no longer touches the shoulders .....It looks like the guys from Austrian Audio have thought and thought through on everything😎)

Yes, that's how it is when you own 350 years of cumulative engineering experience/knowledge

(https://austrian.audio/about-us/)

90FE015D-6731-44ED-BE5E-9AADC682B75F.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #225 of 3,565
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back