THE COMPOSER OPEN BACK FLAGSHIP by AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Feb 2, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #1,981 of 3,435
An order confirmation without the price, that has actually has been paid, is completely senseless. It could also be given, just to ensure guarantee.
No offense, but think about it.

Not read?amount received with thanks🤣

NOMAX

PS.If I sell it in a few years, you'll get this invoice with it with the price I paid at the dealer👍
I don't need presents...I buy what I want...guarantees me that I am independent
You can try as often as you like,just like....or in your last posts here
But always without success😉

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #1,983 of 3,435
Which amount? Nobody knows, if and how big any rabatts could have been. I don't say, that you got any discount. I just say, that your invoice doesn't say anything :)

That doesn't matter... it's about the fact that I'm supposedly sponsored by various manufacturers?
I just laugh about that🤣
(For me it is reward enough that manufacturers approach me and I can test models before they are released or i may test during in their development time😎)

I don't have anything more to say about it,because this is the Thread about the composer👍

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #1,985 of 3,435
Feb 2, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #1,986 of 3,435
Feb 2, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #1,987 of 3,435
Sorry Nomax, but these 2 pictures are the real "Griff ins Klo".
First shows, what you think about taxes, second is a wonderful example for your insensitivity.

But even more bull is what tex2818 said:" My beef with it because it is incredibly obvious that he has a financial interest in this headphone, and he should be marked as a sponsor." Any proof or pure defamation?

Feb 2, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #1,988 of 3,435
Sorry Nomax, but these 2 pictures are the real "Griff ins Klo".
First shows, what you think about taxes, second is a wonderful example for your insensitivity.

But even more bull is what tex2818 said:" My beef with it because it is incredibly obvious that he has a financial interest in this headphone, and he should be marked as a sponsor." Any proof or pure defamation?

That was just to make it clear that I'm buying at the dealer and get no gifts from the Manufacturer
(On the right side are the taxes and the amount I paid for my headphone)
And about the other...the group photo... doesn't really speak against it, I already posted it in the High End Munich Show thread where I got the likes from the nice people
which are on the photo 👍

NOMAX

PS.Let them believe what they want😉

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #1,989 of 3,435
How does Laufey sound on the Composer?

NOMAX

Ps.Nice....The voice comes across very soft and silky with the composer...The last 20 seconds are somehow the most beautiful of this track👍
(However, other models also do this well)
It doesn't really challenge the headphone, maybe you have something a more dynamic/impulsive track where he can show his strengths?

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #1,990 of 3,435

NOMAX

Ps.Nice....The voice comes across very soft and silky with the composer...The last 20 seconds are somehow the most beautiful of this track👍
But it doesn't really challenge the headphone, maybe you have something a more impulsive track?

Oppenheimer soundtrack Ludwig Goransson.

Trouble In Mind - Barb Jungr. Not quite the impulse and dynamics you’ll be looking for but the elements here’s worth the attention.

Feb 2, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #1,991 of 3,435
Are we really delving into the fundamentals of headphone evaluation, page by page? It's crucial to remember that each person's hearing is unique, and what one finds exciting, another may find boring due to our diverse tastes and the variety of music genres we prefer.

However, the comparison between the Composer, HD800S, and Utopia baffles me. The HD800S's expansive soundstage sets it already apart, while the Utopia has a more distinctive coloration. I personally found the Composer to be the least engaging headphone I've ever experienced. However, there are for sure members in this community who genuinely appreciate it, and that's perfectly acceptable. It's undeniable that AA has excelled in the construction, design, and comfort of the headphone. Additionally, the tonal balance is impressive for those who prefer that specific sound profile.

I hope they create a version of this headphone with a more exciting sound signature in the future; I would be all over it. Also, I find it hard to take the clown seriously who persistently promotes this headphone with such obvious bias. In my view, this actually harms AA's reputation. It nearly deterred me from purchasing the composer.

I need 1 to 3 minutes to decide if the sound has emotion and if it tickles my fancy.

Yes, character, too, but headphones/sound also have emotion.

And that's, unfortunately, what I have felt with Composer...

It doesn't serve or have any emotions...pure sound, and it's cold as cucumber :)

Very good sound, but no emotions...

Cheers!
Emotions? Who wants emotions? I want accuracy.

Feb 2, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #1,992 of 3,435
Those speculations lead to nothing. I still own my HD800 (bought 2009) and my HD800 s Anniversary Edition bought some years later.
According resolve the treble of HD800s is smoother than the Composer.
Trust me. This obsessive hyping will achive the opposite of what you want.
Having spent 5 days l listening to the Composer I'm selling my 800s.

Feb 2, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #1,993 of 3,435
Feb 2, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #1,994 of 3,435
Having spent 5 days l listening to the Composer I'm selling my 800s.
I would put the HD800S away for a month or so, then try it again. Just as the slightly artificial intensity of A/B comparisons can affect my perspective, I find time away from a component may sometimes make a difference to the way I feel about it.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #1,995 of 3,435
I do not know what Nomax agenda is behind this pushing of the composer, may be it is only national pride (maybe we can have a count of non-Austrian fans of the composer:wink:).
But it becomes to me more and more clear, that the composer is not the „Über-headphone“ for cheap as it is stated here page after page after page. And this is my main beef here. It is not simply saying „Hey there is great new headphone, I like it check it out.“ It is this repetition over and over and over.

YES, NOMAX WE HAVE HEARD YOU!

P.S. LOL
P.P.S. 😂
P.P.P.S. I’m out for today
P.P.P.P.S. But as another famous Austrian said: I‘ll be back! 😎

DAIYAMA
I think the opposite. Having listened to the Composer for 5 days it is clearly the best headphone I have ever owned (or the one that best suits my Denafrips system) including the HE1000SE at twice the price. The closest in quality of sound that I have is the Heddphone1. The closest in style is the HD800S. I have not heard the Susvara or the Raal or any estats.
One thing to note: the Composer needs a few days of burn in: the mids solidify and sound warmer, the treble seems cleaner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back