The Challenger M earphones. New In-ear ?
Nov 21, 2004 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 20
Hmm... but they're single driver. Then again, the Etys are single driver, right?

It's interesting how the IEMS share many parts. The cord and stereo plug in the picture look a lot like the ones used by Sensaphonics.

Nov 21, 2004 at 11:41 PM Post #5 of 20
I wonder how the Challenger Pro 6500 model they sell compares to the Sensas and Ultimate Ears.

Nov 21, 2004 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 20
I just ordered these for review. Heck, they are pretty darn cheap compared on to my other phones..... hopefully I'll get them soon

Nov 22, 2004 at 12:01 AM Post #7 of 20
vienna - you are like, a lindrone squared.

Nov 22, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD-5000
That's not possible with any headphones, but even if it was it would destroy the device connected at the other end.

These people recommend swimming with their product; the headphones even clip to goggles
cool.gif

http://www.swimman.net/pages/859128/index.htm

Nov 22, 2004 at 5:03 AM Post #9 of 20
vienna, can you PM me regarding the amp?

Nov 22, 2004 at 8:19 AM Post #10 of 20
How about the Challenger Pro 1000 ?
http://store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/chpro10.html

The M and S series are "for helmet wear and athletics" but the Challenger Pro 1000 are "Studio quality monitor for the sound engineer and professional musician on a budget".

Would someone from this forum, who does a lot of reviewing, call the company that makes these and maybe borrow all these IEM for a big review?

Like lindrone for example ?
smily_headphones1.gif

etysmile.gif

Regards
Raptor

Oct 6, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #14 of 20
I owned the M earphones back in 2000 (not the pros.) They are very comfortable, I think the material is similiar to Sesnaphonics 2X-S. However the sound quality just isn't there. They sound OK when you crank them up but nothing like even a Shure E2. I think they're inteded for motorcycle/racers to isolate under a helmet. Mine only lasted about 18 months because the way the cable exits the mold there's no strain relief. One of the cables finally failed at that point. BTW, assuming you got good molds you could wear them while swimming (I never did but the seal is that good.)

I did my own molds but didn't get a perfect seal in my right ear so be careful.

The Pro 1000's look interesting, a $280 IEM is very tempting, somebody must buy and report
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #15 of 20
good greif... they just look so.... umm... medical, or something... i would never wear those things...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back