The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Oct 18, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #544 of 2,420
Maybe AT CKR9 are even more sensitive because after turning C5 on and clik I could hear very low noise. But maybe I demand too much as its working electronics? Anyway its not dead silent as turned off.
Im checking only amp without any other device connected.

Oct 18, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #545 of 2,420
  Maybe AT CKR9 are even more sensitive because after turning C5 on and clik I could hear very low noise. But maybe I demand too much as its working electronics? Anyway its not dead silent as turned off.
Im checking only amp without any other device connected.

really it hisses on the ckr9s?

Oct 19, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #550 of 2,420
I double-amp all the time :

Zip -> PA2V2 -> E12 -> Denon D600

Sounds great because PA2V2 is as loud as it can go without distorting to get all the sound-detail; E12 acts more like an attenuator to protect my ears.

So I get all the sound detail without loud volumes.

Wouldn't that be triple amping?

Oct 19, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #551 of 2,420
Wouldn't that be triple amping?

Technically yes but where do you draw the line? Amps & Music Players might have their own pre-amp circuits before reaching the main Amp stage.

As I run Rockbox, I set the volume to 0dB as I want the Zip to focus on being a DAC based on the config settings & leave the amping to dedicated units.

Oct 19, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #552 of 2,420
I wonder if it'd be possible to mod a clip to make the headphone out to a LO bypassing the amp. I wouldn't have any issue leaving mine attached to an E6 for the rest of it's days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back