The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Feb 15, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #796 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Life is too short to drive something boring. I have no respect for people who buy beige cars and live in beige mcmansions while trying to climb ahead on the corporate ladder. None.

Eh, to each their own. Some people just don't care about cars as anything more than an appliance, so they end up buying the requisite beige box.

But on the other hand, I have zero respect for people who buy Lexus ES's and Acura TSX's. For F's sake, you're just buying a rebadged Camry or European Accord!

Feb 15, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #797 of 1,511
Considering the euro accord isn't offered here, and how HUGE, HEAVY, and FAT the Honda Accord has become, I definitely understand why people buy TSXs.

Feb 15, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #798 of 1,511
I took the front spoiler of my car this morning in preparation for our off-road trip tomorrow. WOW! I should've taken it off when I bought it! It might take me down to 19mpg, but the car looks far more badass. Picture doesn't quite do it justice, you can see the structure, the skid plate, and a lot more of the tires now. This will definitely help with the approach angles...
DSCN3218.jpg

I can't wait for tomorrow, I can finally check this one off my life to-do list:
172.jpg

Feb 15, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #799 of 1,511
I don't understand why people offroad stuff that costs so much. I'm pretty sure you'd have more fun in a $3500 domestic truck where you didn't care about scratching the paint.

Feb 15, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #800 of 1,511
Quote:

Life is too short to drive something boring. I have no respect for people who buy beige cars and live in beige mcmansions while trying to climb ahead on the corporate ladder. None.

You reminded me of something my aunt once told me: "I have no idea why anyone would by a car that's not a convertible, or a house that's not next to an ocean."

In any event, you paint with a broad brush, and I wrote nothing at all about people living in beige mcmansions trying to climb the corporate ladder. Incidentally, do you really not see that it is possible that what is boring to you may not be to another?

For your sake, I hope your opinions mellow with age. Life is also too short to deal with the complications of intolerance for such minor things.
smile_phones.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #801 of 1,511
Quote:

I don't understand why people offroad stuff that costs so much. I'm pretty sure you'd have more fun in a $3500 domestic truck where you didn't care about scratching the paint.

I don't care if I scratch the paint on this either
confused_face.gif

The funny thing is we cringe when we see a new door ding, but don't care if we bash a rocker panel on a rock or "pinstripe" it on some trees. This is what the car is made for, buying a land rover and not off-roading just seems absurd to me- if the car was going to stay on the road I'd get an S4 Avant.

Feb 15, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #802 of 1,511
Well, congrats on being in the minority: Less then 5% of all SUVs ever offroad. Props for using it like it was actually intended to be used.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #803 of 1,511
Speaking of which said:
I am torn. I love the TTV6 of the B5 era but Audi wanted to go with something more fuel efficient. Plus they can now TT the same motor with more boost for the RS4.

If Audi would bring the avant in it would be ano brainer for me but a sedan only option may have me looking elsewhere for my next car (my current is an 04S4 avant).

Feb 15, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #804 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't care if I scratch the paint on this either
confused_face.gif

The funny thing is we cringe when we see a new door ding, but don't care if we bash a rocker panel on a rock or "pinstripe" it on some trees. This is what the car is made for, buying a land rover and not off-roading just seems absurd to me- if the car was going to stay on the road I'd get an S4 Avant.

It's funny you say that. I went from a Discovery to an S4 avant because I found myself driving offroad less and less frequently.

Feb 15, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #805 of 1,511
Quote:

Well, congrats on being in the minority: Less then 5% of all SUVs ever offroad. Props for using it like it was actually intended to be used.
smily_headphones1.gif

Had I paid full price I would never take it off-road (I would've probably bought a Discovery)- but by leveraging the economy, a couple connections, and some negotiation my car payments went up $15 per month over my lease payments on my bare-bones VW Jetta over the same finance period... and I actually own this one
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #809 of 1,511
Quote:

I have no respect for people who buy beige cars and live in beige mcmansions while trying to climb ahead on the corporate ladder. None.

I'm sure they will all be greatly troubled by this revelation.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #810 of 1,511
Something for you BMW fans...
smile.gif

Norwegian/Swedish built M3, which are said to be the worlds fastest BMW.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back