The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Jul 15, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #1,351 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Around the end of July the R32's getting an APR tune and Evo M intake installed. Should take it to around 275 hp. Can't wait. It also just got Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires.

I'd be curious to hear your impressions when you add those mods. I've been looking at three things for my R: EVOMS intake, APR chip, and brushed aluminum mirror covers
L3000.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #1,352 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of fast cars, whats the fastest car people here have driven? Mine is an LP640 Roadster.

Nothing terribly special, a Mazdaspeed6

But seeing as how I'm 16....
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #1,354 of 1,511
Quote:

^2 wheelers don't quiet count as cars
tongue.gif

I know. That is why I wrote it as a small comment at the end, and with a wink smilie to end it.

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #1,355 of 1,511
Quote:

Speaking of fast cars, whats the fastest car people here have driven? Mine is an LP640 Roadster.

Looks like I'm second place thus far; '94 Trans Am with heads, cam, exhaust, some other fun stuff. Made 450hp at the wheels, I had the dyno sheet to prove it. That LP640 sounds like it was pretty easy to control, and forced induction isn't too bad at high outputs either, but when you get that much power in an LT1 engine it's seriously squirrelly. The LT1 has a pretty flat torque curve, so it puts down everything it's got all the way through the powerband; there's none of that "winding up" like high-revving engines need before they really get going, nor does it choke at high RPM like a lazy big block or my 305TPI setup. Tap the accelerator and it takes off immediately, and you get constant, steady power through the tiny 5500rpm powerband. Needed a seatbelt just to hold myself into my chair. Very unique experience, and it sold me on building a Corvette at some point.

Why didn't I buy it? I was 17 years old and the insurance company wanted $2,000 annually for a $3500 car. That, and I was going to need a dd if I bought it, since if I was going to drive it through town regularly it would only be a matter of time before I stuck my nose into somebody's tail lights.

Jul 15, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #1,357 of 1,511
That 2.0 liter VW turbocharged engine responds like no other, and its not NA. Just a fantastic piece of engineering, especially with that DSG.

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #1,358 of 1,511
Quote:

I've always had a preference for high revving NA engines over forced induction. Call me old-fashioned, but I find nothing beats the instant response of an NA engine.

I have to agree!
There is just something about the instant response from NA engines. Turbo and compressor charged engines have come a long way, but they do not have the same response. At least not yet.

I really have a liking for the BMW M engines. Especially the older 6-cylinder ones.

Jul 16, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #1,363 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by 928GTS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't mind either N/A or forced induction but there is always something special about having your windows down and hearing that turbo whistling gently as you cruise.

True that. I've always loved the sound of an Evo engine being worked hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back