The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Feb 2, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #676 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by 928GTS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As much as I love the sound of a nicely tuned EJ20 or EJ25 it will never be able to compare to the wail of the 911's flat 6 closing in on its redline.

Agreed and I own an EJ20, well the US version EJ205.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if we wanna start saying this and that about Motors what about Subaru's fame to blowing head-gaskets on pretty much all of their 2.5L non turbo motors.

Then again what is the point of owning a non-turbo 2.5l subaru?
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #677 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed and I own an EJ20, well the US version EJ205.

Then again what is the point of owning a non-turbo 2.5l subaru?
biggrin.gif

Ask Subaru not me they have made plenty of cars with them in there and to this day still do. If it isnt a Limited or a WRX it has their 6 boxer or their 2.5L non-turbo boxer that still enjoy to spit up head gaskets on occasion.

Feb 2, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #678 of 1,511
Quote:

If you don't understand/agree with what I'm saying it's fine, but your argument is my car has character/soul because I like it, my car has character/soul because I said so, my car has character/soul because I slapped on some mods onto a piece of JUNK, yes I said it JUNK.

Say whatever you want. At least my engine doesn't destroy itself.
tongue.gif

Quote:

The svx is pretty cool/quirky but with horrible performance

Huh? It's not a stoplight racer, but it's performance is better than any of the non turbo japanese sportscars from the same era. It will out accelerate a non turbo 300zx, 3000gt, supra, etc. In terms of it's performance today, it runs a 15.5 @85mph, which is pretty decent. I don't know where you get off calling that 'horrible' performance. In fact, the precious BMW E30 M3 runs about 0-60 6.9-71sec, and does the 1/4 mile 15.1-15.4sec. So.... I guess the E30 M3 has "horrible" performance too?

Quote:

and stop saying the prelude is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I've driven the 3rd and 4th gen preludes they handle well in a fwd econocar sort of way but the keywords there are "for the money."

Uh, no, I won't stop saying it, because it is amazing REGARDLESS of money. Again, back in 1989, it out-slalomed everything. EVERYTHING AVAILABLE. The best from italy, germany, america, it didn't matter. The 3rd gen prelude crushed all comers in the slalom and handling department, with skinny 14" tires. With proper wheels and tires, some ugpraded sways and bushings, the car is an absolute monster. You really do not know what the hell you are talking about.

Quote:

You talking about the double wishbone suspension on honda is like me talking about double wishbone on my dishwasher, what's the point?

The point is most cars don't have front and rear double wishbone suspension systems. They are superior to most suspension designs, the only downsides being cost and unsprung weight.

Quote:

I live in California and I'm tired of honda people in beatup civic hatches/accords thinking they have an enzo beater and you drive like schumacher. I bet I sometimes get associated with you guys just by owning a japanese sports compact, makes me sick.

I'm sorry you live near obnoxious people. I don't have spoilers, fartcans, blue headlights, or anything ricey and obnoxious on any of my cars.

Quote:

Oh yeah, It's hard for me to explain what soul is but it's like the car is crafted to be special vs an appliance that takes you from point a to point b or just fulfilling some numbers benchmarks.

My prelude feels special. The handling is razor sharp, the engine sounds like a sportbike, and the adjustable bolsters keep me firmly planted while I defy the laws of physics. So does my SVX. Subaru lost over $3000 on each one they made, they sold them at a loss. The styling is quasi-exotic, the interior is full of alcantara just now being used in ferraris and bentleys, and it turns heads wherever I drive it. So, according to what you just said, they both have soul.

Quote:

Edit forgot about the E30 comment: The E30 m3 has passion/soul because of the way it drives, it's about feeling direct/connected with the car. The E92 M3 is much much heavier(and faster) and the steering/transmission don't have the same feel that older bmws do so it destroys all the old m3 engineering benchmarks but it's not the same. It is not just because the new one gets more powerful which is expected. Bmws are about being lightweight and feel well originally.

I feel directly connected when I drive my prelude. It's combination of lightweight, firm springs, amazing suspension design, rev-happy 2 liter, and small size make it extremely fun to drive. I feel very connected to the road, and to the car. My SVX, not so much.

My entire point was that everything you just said can be applied to ANY car. Your argument that BMW's have more 'soul' is a complete and total joke.

Feb 2, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #679 of 1,511
Quote:

Ask Subaru not me they have made plenty of cars with them in there and to this day still do. If it isnt a Limited or a WRX it has their 6 boxer or their 2.5L non-turbo boxer that still enjoy to spit up head gaskets on occasion.

The 6 bangers don't usually have that problem, I don't know why.

Feb 3, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #680 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 6 bangers don't usually have that problem, I don't know why.

Yeah i didnt mean to imply the 6 bangers did i just suck at typing but a good amount of their cars still use the 2.5L.

Feb 3, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #681 of 1,511
okay I won't go back and forth with you anymore because it is pointless I'll stop at this one, your just saying how awesome the prelude and svx are because you own it, comparing only to what is convenient(what is the point of comparing to n/a 300zx, supra, etc.) and comparing only figures that are convenient(why do you only bring up slalom for the prelude what about everything else and only in 1989 to boot?).

You ARE one of those obnoxious ricers I'm talking about, who slap some cheap parts onto their civic/accord/prelude and think yeah Ferraris and Porsches have nothing on this. If your precious prelude was so amazing how did it do at the nurburgring or Le Man in it's day? If it is so good at the slalom surely it would contend for the fastest lap or dominate a bunch of races. I own a Subaru and love Subaru but you have to try and ruin that too by blindly defending the svx. Btw my engine is the 2.0 turbo not the 2.5l and it is atleast as reliable as any Honda engine, its been used in Imprezas and get this those Imprezas actually move.

Feb 3, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #682 of 1,511
Quote:

yeah I was just joking about that. Maybe we should start talking about miatas since it is a real sports car that is light and drives well, as opposed to say a prelude.

Feb 3, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #683 of 1,511
Ouch. Your post almost infected me with stupid. I was going to bring up rational responses to your ignorant accusations, but then I realized you can't even use a shift key properly.

Feb 3, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #684 of 1,511
Quote:

yeah I was just joking about that. Maybe we should start talking about miatas since it is a real sports car that is light and drives well, as opposed to say a prelude.

Uh huh. Totally. That crappy, crappy prelude. It only outhandled every BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, and Lambo made those years. What junk. It lacks soul. Soul is something only unreliable cars can have. If something is reliable it is boring transportation.

But wait, the 1st generation miata did the 1/4 mile in around 15.9 seconds. Doesn't that mean it has TERRIBLE performance, since my 15.5 second SVX was so horrible to you?

Feb 3, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #688 of 1,511
Quote:

Uh huh. Totally. That crappy, crappy prelude. It only outhandled every BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, and Lambo made those years. What junk. It lacks soul. Soul is something only unreliable cars can have. If something is reliable it is boring transportation.

But wait, the 1st generation miata did the 1/4 mile in around 15.9 seconds. Doesn't that mean it has TERRIBLE performance, since my 15.5 second SVX was so horrible to you?

The 1989 (1990) miata would pwn the SVX and Prelude on a twisty track
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 3, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #689 of 1,511
Quote:

The 1989 (1990) miata would pwn the SVX and Prelude on a twisty track
tongue_smile.gif

It'd definitely beat the SVX. The SVX gets a bad rep for being a poorly performing car, but most people don't understand What the car was designed for. It's a touring car. It's for long distance, high speed cruising in style and comfort. It basically sucks to drive around town, but comes alive above 60mph. It's actually most comfortable and happy at around 80. Does it carve corners? Not really. Does it dragrace well? Not really. But man... I've driven mine from WI all the way to FL and back a few times, and it is a fantastic vehicle for such a trip. Low wind noise, AWD stability, nice interior, low RPMs at high speeds... it's definitely different and unique. I say in some respects, it's similar to a poor man's BMW 8 series.

Now... the prelude Si 4ws vs a Miata? Hrm. I have no idea what would PWN what, but I'd love to find out. It'd definitely be a great time!
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #690 of 1,511
Quote:

It sucks because people are passionately debating cars? Huh?

Eh, I guess. I wasn't entirely serious, I mean, this thread is the only reason I go to this forum anymore.

It just seems like venom is getting in the way of a good discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back