The Canon Thread
Jun 6, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #1,921 of 2,718
i'd just like to say the s90/95 is pretty amazing given the size. flame suit on but i think it competes nicely with the pen and @nex. so long as you can deal with the one lens. sure, i have a way higher end dslr but everything stuffed in the lowpro backpack weighs like 30 pounds! so for less than half a pound i think it is the only game in town. if you don't trust me, go see what ken rockwell has to say about it. i have lenses that are twenty times the size of the s90 lol. i think it is the ultimate thing for candid shots which is what i use it for. of course, it is not the ultimate camera if size is not a consideration.

Jun 8, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #1,923 of 2,718
guess i should look through the manual too lol. 

very, very crisp pictures.  i love it.  trying out the 50mm lens... i thought it would be more of a lens i can just leave on there but i dono.. i thikn i feel more comfortable with the stock lens. but i have been only taking pictures indoors.  i love the bag tho... so nice!

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #1,926 of 2,718

To L or not to L has been in my mind ever so long... kept forcing myself to ignore them ie just focusing on my current sigma f1.4 BUT still cant resist the temptations..

Quote:
50 1.2L is an interesting lens to buy as your first L.  If you have any other 50mm lenses (50 f1.8, f1.4, etc), I would love to see some side by side comparisons with the 50 1.2L!

Jun 20, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #1,929 of 2,718

Quote:
 f
To L or not to L has been in my mind ever so long... kept forcing myself to ignore them ie just focusing on my current sigma f1.4 BUT still cant resist the temptations..

Sigma 50 f1.4 is a nice lens.  I once compared the Sigma 50 f.1.4 to Canon 50 f1.4 and 50 f1.8, and honestly, for shooting real subjects and not test charts, all are great.  The only thing is the difference in bokeh character, but that can be somewhat of a personal preference thing, with some people actually liking some funky bokeh.  

The problem with the whole "L" mystique IMO is just that, mystique.  Canon's marketing and folklore has assigned some mystical qualities to all the L glass, but some of them are much better than other L.  Attaching L glass doesn't suddenly turn your photos into magic, that's for sure.  

Having said that, I love primes and ended up with some L primes anyway, as it's hard to beat their build quality.  

Jun 21, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #1,930 of 2,718
I love my EOS 10D with a 28-135mm IS USM lens. 
biggrin.gif
 It's about 10 years old, but I can't see myself replacing it anytime soon.

Jul 1, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #1,932 of 2,718
I picked this up at B&N, I find it a lot easier to deal with than the supplied user manual.

I haven't been able to spend as much time with the new T3i as I'd hoped. I herniated a disk, between L4/L5, spent a few days in the hospital and am now at home convalescing for who-knows-how-long. I can walk and sit again but must spent large parts of the day on my back. Getting old sucks.

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #1,935 of 2,718

Quote:
Thinking of buying a 35L for my crop body.
A good idea? Heard it's the "worst" of the L Primes :frowning2:

I've never read 35L referred to as "worst" of L primes.  In fact, 35L is one of the Canon "Holy Trinity," 35L, 85L, and 135L.  
For crop body, 35L is in fact the most useful length, being 56mm equivalent, and is my "walkaround lens."  

A walkaround shot from yesterday.

5957415574_2bef0cc154_z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back