The Canon Thread
Aug 3, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #1,036 of 2,718
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've owned three Sigmas thus far, and had zero QC problems. Is it luck? Is it that the problem is overblown? A combination of both? Neither? Hard for me to say.

I think the problem affects everyone. I've had a bunch of "off" L lenses also. The more popular something is, the more complaints you hear.

Aug 3, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #1,037 of 2,718
Quote:

Originally Posted by devin_mm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked up a 70-200 f4L I can't wait to start playing with it.

Ah, now that's a lens!
I'll be very interested to see the images from it.
popcorn.gif

Aug 4, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #1,039 of 2,718
Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DOnt worry you'll get to love ti fast
biggrin.gif
Its my main lens for most of my work
biggrin.gif

X2.

Everything comes out so beautiful every time I shoot with it. It's really a bargain for what it is.

Aug 4, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #1,040 of 2,718
Here some pictures I took at the Heritage Day festival with my new lens. It's really difficult to shoot at that festival there are just too many people. One of the ladies at the German pavilion asked me if I worked for The Journal (large local newspaper), I should have said yes and seen if I got free food
smily_headphones1.gif
(I know these are no where near professional shots but I'm just starting and I'll get a bunch of practice when I head to California for two weeks (in under two weeks).

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #1,041 of 2,718
Quote:

I just picked up a 70-200 f4L I can't wait to start playing with it.

Quote:

Here some pictures I took at the Heritage Day festival with my new lens. It's really difficult to shoot at that festival there are just too many people. One of the ladies at the German pavilion asked me if I worked for The Journal (large local newspaper), I should have said yes and seen if I got free food
smily_headphones1.gif
(I know these are no where near professional shots but I'm just starting and I'll get a bunch of practice when I head to California for two weeks (in under two weeks).
[

Dude, gorgeous pictures. That 70-200 f4L is darn near a hero lens in good lighting... I love it even in dimmer settings.

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #1,042 of 2,718
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, gorgeous pictures. That 70-200 f4L is darn near a hero lens in good lighting... I love it even in dimmer settings.

+1 -> nice lens/pictures
wink.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #1,044 of 2,718
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Myself and a couple friends are going to be driving to LA then up the coast, I really want to see San Francisco.

Aug 6, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #1,045 of 2,718
You should have a grand time. Just stick to highway 1 and you will visit some really beautiful areas. Definitely stop by and check out Monterey and the redwoods north of Santa Cruz if at all possible (Big Basin / Felton areas). Drop by Gianni's on Lighthouse in Monterey for some killer pizza.

Aug 6, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #1,046 of 2,718
I am glad there are a bunch of Canon Head-Fi-ers around here instead of those communist Nikon head-fi-ers. JK

I just got back from a short vacation in Las Vegas and was able to take a few panoramics of Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. These were all shot hand held with my Canon 20D and a combination of Sigma 10-20mm lens and Canon EF 17-85mm with CPL

Dam1-pano2L.jpg

Dam2-panoL.jpg

LakeMead-panoL.jpg

Aug 7, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #1,047 of 2,718
Well guys, I "might" be temporarily moving out of the DSRL for a while. Instead of buying a couple of really nice/expensive lenses for my Canon Rebel XT since 90%+ of the pictures that I take are pics of my kids and always in Program mode, I am going to try a "bridge" camera from Fuji with an equivalent 28-400mm (F/2.8-4) lens: Fujifilm FinePix S100FS

FujiFilm FinePix S100fs Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

I will try it for a couple of weeks and see if this works good enough for me. If it does, I will likely be selling my DSLR soon
eek.gif

I will try to take pics with both my Canon Rebel XT wt 24-105F/4 "L" lens, and with the Fuji to see what works well for me - I will post both set of pictures in the next couple of weeks
wink.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #1,048 of 2,718
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquidretro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am glad there are a bunch of Canon Head-Fi-ers around here instead of those communist Nikon head-fi-ers. JK

I just got back from a short vacation in Las Vegas and was able to take a few panoramics of Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. These were all shot hand held with my Canon 20D and a combination of Sigma 10-20mm lens and Canon EF 17-85mm with CPL

How were you able to do that without having a polarizer issue?

Aug 7, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #1,049 of 2,718
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well guys, I "might" be temporarily moving out of the DSRL for a while. Instead of buying a couple of really nice/expensive lenses for my Canon Rebel XT since 90%+ of the pictures that I take are pics of my kids and always in Program mode, I am going to try a "bridge" camera from Fuji with an equivalent 28-400mm (F/2.8-4) lens: Fujifilm FinePix S100FS

Even if you were to only use one lens, the advantages of DSLRs still exist such as lower high ISO noise because of bigger sensor and quicker AF and shutter lag.

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #1,050 of 2,718
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even if you were to only use one lens, the advantages of DSLRs still exist such as lower high ISO noise because of bigger sensor and quicker AF and shutter lag.

Absolutely - no argument possible. I am definitely moving backwards in several key areas. The question is: what is "good enough" for my use? That is why it will actually be fun to shoot both for a short while to see which route I will go
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back