The Burson Soloist Voyager! The sexy new flagship Headphone Amp / Preamp - Pure Class-A, 10 Watts XLR
Nov 8, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #31 of 128
The one that you posted at the top is the single-ended version. Between the Voyager and the 2023 balanced Soloist (as well as the 2021 GT minus the SP modules), my eyes aren't able to spot any difference on the circuitry. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course this is just my feeling and I could well be wrong, but would such a reputable company just swap the case and put out a new "groundbreaking" flagship model asking you 1000$ more? That wouldn’t do them anything good. But well, I guess we’ll know soon…

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #32 of 128
I got the email from them today - they offer 700 USD free upgrades if pre-order:

A Burson Super Charger 5A worth 400USD
Upgraded Silient Power Modules Level 2 worth 300USD

But I really don't like the design of this one... Too many corners... Looks alien tech, not sexy.
For sexy it must have curves...
:p

The power modules part isn't that clear. They state that "The Voyager features our premium Silent Power Modules (SP02)": are these level 2 ones offered with the preorder again something else?

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #33 of 128
Of course this is just my feeling and I could well be wrong, but would such a reputable company just swap the case and put out a new "groundbreaking" flagship model asking you 1000$ more? That wouldn’t do them anything good. But well, I guess we’ll know soon…
@Fafner there are numerous audio companies doing extactly this: ifi audio comes to my mind with their recent stream of "new" products. Nothing new but would be sad new if Burson would also start exploring this path.

What I am really wondering about if volume knob is finally working like it should in the first place: not skipping or loosing direction movement.

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #37 of 128

I don't think Burson is THAT naive. There should be some noticeable refinement, but:

The 2023 Soloist has been a refinement of the 2021 model for the same asking price. Making a jump from 2.5k to 3.5k you are also making a new statement. It has to be something more than just marginal.

The 1000 EUR upgrade from Conductor 3 Ref to the 3 GT was substantial, and I felt my money were very well spent mostly due to the amp section with the digital processing improving marginally also.

Well, the folks who will be trying this new amp soon will tell us. I'm very curious as to how and if the internal tweaks they've made did the trick.

Nov 8, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #38 of 128
So where are the matching flagship streaming DAC and external power supply?
Regarding Burson's DAC,.this is how Burson answered me.
--------------------
Regarding the Conductor 3X GT as a DAC.
It is our best DAC ever made. It is not compromise in any ways and as mentioned even when outputting as a DAC on "DAC-out", 80% of the circuitry is still actively working to make sure the putting signal is top-notch. It matches both the Soloist 3X GT and the Voyager perfectly.
--------------------

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #39 of 128
dear burson audio

Please consider implementing a new user interface. It can be frustrating to have to press buttons seven times just to adjust the gain. Additionally, having a dedicated button for screen rotation seems unnecessary as it is not a frequently used feature. It would be beneficial to use common sense and rethink the placement of such buttons.
Dedicated output/input switching buttons would make more sense.

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #41 of 128
Regarding Burson's DAC,.this is how Burson answered me.
--------------------
Regarding the Conductor 3X GT as a DAC.
It is our best DAC ever made. It is not compromise in any ways and as mentioned even when outputting as a DAC on "DAC-out", 80% of the circuitry is still actively working to make sure the putting signal is top-notch. It matches both the Soloist 3X GT and the Voyager perfectly.
--------------------
Yes but doesn’t match aesthetically as required

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #42 of 128
I don't think Burson is THAT naive. There should be some noticeable refinement, but:

The 2023 Soloist has been a refinement of the 2021 model for the same asking price. Making a jump from 2.5k to 3.5k you are also making a new statement. It has to be something more than just marginal.

The 1000 EUR upgrade from Conductor 3 Ref to the 3 GT was substantial, and I felt my money were very well spent mostly due to the amp section with the digital processing improving marginally also.

Well, the folks who will be trying this new amp soon will tell us. I'm very curious as to how and if the internal tweaks they've made did the trick.
By the specs (and the internal design) the Voyager and the Soloist GT 23 are exactly the same.

Check out their website and have a look at each and every spec.... the same.

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #43 of 128
By the specs (and the internal design) the Voyager and the Soloist GT 23 are exactly the same.

Check out their website and have a look at each and every spec.... the same.
Hi...

♦️Burson wrote below:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Regarding the upgrade. I think the Voyager is better, but I am reluctant to put a % on it. We always leave it to our customers and reviewers to make those comparison and comments.
But we knew that it won't be cheap because its components and enclosure are all much more expensive."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday I bought the new Voyager after talking a lot with my contact at Burson.
I had bought a Soloist 3X GT 2023 which was already sent to me,.it will arrive tomorrow...
When the news about this Voyager came,.I decided to also buy the Voyager after getting a lot of information from my contact at Burson.

It is definitely an upgrade..!!
Burson is an incredibly serious manufacturer that does not deceive its audiophiles,.who they live on.
I will be able to compare both when I get my new Voyager in a few weeks 😛.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #44 of 128
Hi...

♦️Burson wrote below:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Regarding the upgrade. I think the Voyager is better, but I am reluctant to put a % on it. We always leave it to our customers and reviewers to make those comparison and comments.
But we knew that it won't be cheap because its components and enclosure are all much more expensive."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday I bought the new Voyager after talking a lot with my contact at Burson.
I had bought a Soloist 3X GT 2023 which was already sent to me,.it will arrive tomorrow...
When the news about this Voyager came,.I decided to also buy the Voyager after getting a lot of information from my contact at Burson.

It is definitely an upgrade..!!
Burson is an incredibly serious manufacturer that does not deceive its audiophiles,.who they live on.
I will be able to compare both when I get my new Voyager in a few weeks 😛.
Sorry but I want to see the hard numbers: power, s/n ratio, voltages etc.

If they’re not able to provide those to claim that the new amp is better, how can you trust them with “it’s better”.

When they introduced sp modules they gave HARD NUMBERS explains how there was an improvement from sp1 to sp2. Where are the hard numbers here? The only ones I can see on their website are EXACTLY THE SAME as the soloist gt 23

Nov 8, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #45 of 128
Sorry but I want to see the hard numbers: power, s/n ratio, voltages etc.

If they’re not able to provide those to claim that the new amp is better, how can you trust them with “it’s better”.

When they introduced sp modules they gave HARD NUMBERS explains how there was an improvement from sp1 to sp2. Where are the hard numbers here? The only ones I can see on their website are EXACTLY THE SAME as the soloist gt 23
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Lots of cars have 4 wheels, 5 seats, and with a 2.5l petrol engine. Yet, they perform very differently.
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Hard Numbers,.you wrote:
Tube-amps often measure worse than Solid State amps...
But They Often Plays Better..!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back