THE BRITS- WHAT A LOAD OF.....
Feb 20, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 21
I've never seen the Brits, but they sound exactly like our Grammys.

Why bother watch at all? Put on some music you enjoy, read or work on something. Life is too short to waste even a few hours on a bad awards show.

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never seen the Brits, but they sound exactly like our Grammys.

Why bother watch at all? Put on some music you enjoy, read or work on something. Life is too short to waste even a few hours on a bad awards show.

Yeh its the same thing but for the British music. I suppose its my own fault, the Brits is full of crap pop music!

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeh its the same thing but for the British music. I suppose its my own fault, the Brits is full of crap pop music!

Anger, feel you?

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #5 of 21
I haven't seen them and won't, but I am sure they are right up there with the Oscars, Grammys, MTV awards, BAFTAS etc, etc, etc for being very boring to watch as well as just being a mutual back slapping session for a bunch of egos telling each other how good they are.

I think that is a sufficient payout!!
biggrin.gif

I have watched some of this stuff under sufferance. (The wife
redface.gif
)

cheers
Simon

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #6 of 21
The most important prizes are never televised. (Nobel, Pulitzer etc).

The best you can do for big show TV music like that is Eurovision, but that's only good if you're 5 pints down when it starts. I also reckon that you couldn't really "get it" if you aren't from Europe.

Ukraine were robbed last year. Hopefully Bill Baily is going to represent the UK this year though.

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You forgot the car giveaway at the end of every My Super Sweet 16.

Feb 20, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The best you can do for big show TV music like that is Eurovision, but that's only good if you're 5 pints down when it starts. I also reckon that you couldn't really "get it" if you aren't from Europe.

Ukraine were robbed last year. Hopefully Bill Baily is going to represent the UK this year though.

Ugh, Eurovision is the worst and it was already bad before Switzerland tried to hire Vanilla Ninja to sing for them one or two years ago. The least the bands could do is to sing in their native languages, but that would be too authentic.

Feb 20, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #9 of 21
I would not even bother watching The Brits whereas Eurovision is so bad that it's good, you can't take it seriously although I'm sure many countries do.

You also have to laugh at how the votes go, you can see a lot of political ties through Eurovisions votes
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by j0shimi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would not even bother watching The Brits whereas Eurovision is so bad that it's good, you can't take it seriously although I'm sure many countries do.

You also have to laugh at how the votes go, you can see a lot of political ties through Eurovisions votes
biggrin.gif

Best thing about Eurovision is the Togmeister's commentary
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back