The Brise Audio Japan Cable Thread
Dec 26, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #483 of 827
Great news! Their current setup was good but not great. Can you be more specific on the "other products"? Tnx!

drftr
Just got the news today that they will be ADs for Brise Audio. So what I understand is anything from the Brise Audio range can be ordered through them. Hence, I am pondering the Tsuranagi. I'm sure there will further announcements through their FB page or website. :)

Jan 1, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #486 of 827
Happy New Year fellow Headfiers !

I wanted to purchase the grab bag C from their New Year Lucky Cable Bag but it was sold out very quickly.
There were only 10 available.
A bit disappointed.
Sorry to hear that.

Happy New Year. New to this thread. Semi retired from Headfi (I thought I could retired from Headfi).

I snagged the grab bag c by waiting for the timer counter to run out and had to refreshed a few times before I could place the order. Hope it synergise with my IER-Z1R.

Bought a used STR7 SE with MMCX to a sample taste of Brise Audio's cable after reading glowing reviews.

Tested the STR7 SE on my almost forgotten JVC FW01. With some tweaking with custom FW from MrWalkman on my WM1A and 1Z, it made my FW01 sings like a nightingale. With the black background, the trebles which was clouded and veiled (IMHO) is now twinkling like a bright star in the night sky. Previously paired Linum Superbax, EA Ares 2 and Thor 2. Tried briefly with PW1960 2W and EA Leonidas. IIRC only PW 1960 2W was able to do this.

The mids are what made me purchased the FW01 in 1st place is now more refined but added weight to vocals. Emotionally stirred and a few tears. That's how affected I was with a few songs which I've heard many times and grew up with. Silly me. But it's the 1st time I ever got so worked up by a song. Maybe the girl in JVC FW10K's ad was hearing and feeling the same as I was at that time.

The mid bass, which I thought was bloated has more quantity but not as bloated as before with slightly better layering at the sub bass level. Maybe I am too used to IER-Z1R's bass now but the FW01's bass is not that bad anymore.

Sorry for the rambling but wish to share how this cable can make an IEM with a lot of shortcomings but one that I once loved into an IEM that is back into my rotation with Noble Khan and IER Z1R. It's not at the technical level as those 2 but the mids are just so sweet that I think no BA/BAs can match.

Anyway Happy New Year to everyone and happy headfi-ing.

Jan 1, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #487 of 827
Happy New Year fellow Headfiers !

I wanted to purchase the grab bag C from their New Year Lucky Cable Bag but it was sold out very quickly.
There were only 10 available.
A bit disappointed.

ohhh crap missed out on fukubukuro (lucky bag) ... Need to watch the tweet more carefully. 😭

Happy new year everyone :beerchug: More Brise this year!

Jan 1, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #488 of 827
I Can get a good deal on a STD001hp ref HD800s, wondering if theres more feedbacks on this model? Not much info can be found on the std001hp ref....sure looks pretty and well built

26c24fa3-91fe-4943-84b5-6f8c6eaa3005.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #489 of 827
Just got my Brise Yatono Ultimate 4w, and woah. This cable is spectacular! With the AE and Jewel, pretty amazing. Very high resolution, pitch black background. More energetic than Orphy, but out of the box I hear similar levels of detail and control. Bass is so good, brings more subbass and reach while lowering the midbass bloom I was getting.

I actually regret not getting the 8w, as I find the cable much more comfortable than expected. So if anyone has an 8w and finds it too thick and heavy I would be happy to trade plus cash. :)

20230104_122009-01.jpeg

Jan 5, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #490 of 827
Just got my Brise Yatono Ultimate 4w, and woah. This cable is spectacular! With the AE and Jewel, pretty amazing. Very high resolution, pitch black background. More energetic than Orphy, but out of the box I hear similar levels of detail and control. Bass is so good, brings more subbass and reach while lowering the midbass bloom I was getting.

I actually regret not getting the 8w, as I find the cable much more comfortable than expected. So if anyone has an 8w and finds it too thick and heavy I would be happy to trade plus cash. :)

I can only try so hard to spread the truth of the Yatono ultimate hehe I'm glad you like it !

Jan 5, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #491 of 827
I can only try so hard to spread the truth of the Yatono ultimate hehe I'm glad you like it !
@Tokpakorlo is the true evangelist here! This thread is now going to 3000, lol 🤣

Jan 5, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #493 of 827
Yeah… Brise pretty much shies away from hyping their own products. But so well designed and implemented. Absolutely no regrets on their Yatono Ultimate 4 wire and 8 wire. I was on the FitEar Titan last night with the 8 wire out of the DX320 Edition X, Amp 14. It was so glorious! :)

Jan 5, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #494 of 827
A gracious head-fi’er has let me borrow their 8 wire Yatono ultimate and rh2+ for the weekend. I can’t wait to see what they have to offer. Looking forward to trying them both on my XE6 and Maestro SE. I’m specifically looking for a cable for the Maestro SE as it’s become my new obsession of sorts. The Yatono MSRP is more than the IEM, but if the magic is there I will buy one :)

I have never tried a Brise cable, coming from mainly PW cables I am excited.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #495 of 827
For anyone that's heard the Yatono Ultimate 4 and 8 wire, is the 4 wire just an "inferior" version of the 8 wire? I absolutely love what I am hearing with the Maestro SE but there's some mental issues with this one because the 8 wire costs more than the IEM itself... I might suck it up and buy it anyways but figured I'd get some more thoughts if possible on the differences between both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back