The Brise Audio Japan Cable Thread
Jan 7, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #526 of 839
Last edited:
Jan 7, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #527 of 839
I wanted to know if there is a cable (I would like to put it on Traillii) that DRY the sound, which takes away some warmth, which gives speed and which brings out voices and gives clarity on the whole sound spectrum.
Since this is Brise’s thread, I think the most suitable one out of the current lineup is the Naobi Ultimate. But I think vocal clarity is its main advantage, for clarity across the entire spectrum, a silver cable will probably do better.

Crystal Cable Dream Duet and Plussound Tri-Silver will be my picks.

Jan 7, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #528 of 839
Since this is Brise’s thread, I think the most suitable one out of the current lineup is the Naobi Ultimate. But I think vocal clarity is its main advantage, for clarity across the entire spectrum, a silver cable will probably do better.

Crystal Cable Dream Duet and Plussound Tri-Silver will be my picks.
What are the differences between Brise Naobi Ultimate, Crystal Cable Dream Duet and Plussound Tri Silver ? I'm asking because going into a little more detail I could understand better....

Jan 7, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #530 of 839
What are the differences between Brise Naobi Ultimate, Crystal Cable Dream Duet and Plussound Tri Silver ? I'm asking because going into a little more detail I could understand better....
So the Naobi series is probably the most neutral out of Brise’s lineup, especially when compared to Asuha and Yatano. The Ultimate version adds a vocal clarity boost compared to the original Naobi-LE. Another great, neutral-focused copper cable would be Toxic Cables’s BW V2/V3. Since you seem to be looking for clarity boost across the entire spectrum, I think a copper cable can only do so much in that regard. That’s why I would pick a silver cable here.

Dream Duet: Clarity across the entire spectrum and at the same time, no harshness at all: amazing feat for a silver cable if you ask me. Smooth and detailed co-existing at the same time, there are very few silver cables that can do this imo. The only thing is, I don’t think the mids are necessarily dry in this case so I’m not sure if this is what you would like here.

Tri Silver (I have the X6 version): Not as smooth as the Dream Duet and also provides that clarity across the spectrum. The mids here are a bit leaner here compared to the Dream Duet so I would say this part is probably a bit drier but also not overly dry like typical silver cables. This isn’t a pure silver cable afterall, just mostly silver :)

Jan 7, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #531 of 839
PLATO 4 could also be interesting. Also because in addition to Traillii, it would also work well on LP6 Ti, which also sounds slightly amber, even if in my opinion it's the best dap I've ever heard. Plato 4 could take some heat away from LP6 as well. Although I really like the warmth of LP6. Perhaps to be on the safe side, Tri Silver would be more suitable as you say. What do you think ?
Difficult to say exactly before trying IRL... 🤔

I would say : theoretically yes.

Jan 8, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #532 of 839
So the Naobi series is probably the most neutral out of Brise’s lineup, especially when compared to Asuha and Yatano. The Ultimate version adds a vocal clarity boost compared to the original Naobi-LE. Another great, neutral-focused copper cable would be Toxic Cables’s BW V2/V3. Since you seem to be looking for clarity boost across the entire spectrum, I think a copper cable can only do so much in that regard. That’s why I would pick a silver cable here.

Dream Duet: Clarity across the entire spectrum and at the same time, no harshness at all: amazing feat for a silver cable if you ask me. Smooth and detailed co-existing at the same time, there are very few silver cables that can do this imo. The only thing is, I don’t think the mids are necessarily dry in this case so I’m not sure if this is what you would like here.

Tri Silver (I have the X6 version): Not as smooth as the Dream Duet and also provides that clarity across the spectrum. The mids here are a bit leaner here compared to the Dream Duet so I would say this part is probably a bit drier but also not overly dry like typical silver cables. This isn’t a pure silver cable afterall, just mostly silver :)
Have own Yatono and Crystal Dream Duet, I appreciate your comment.
IMO, Crystal Dream Duet material is more advanced than any in ear cable in the market due to mono crystal silver material. The original cable is outstanding while re-termination results in SQ degredation. The signature of DD is tone precision, wide bandwidth, the smooth signature you described is more than that, while smoothening signature we often hear is only flattening micro detail, the smooth signature of DD is it can reproduce every detail on the finest(tiniest) level of volume, micro, nano, pico detail (something like that). Another signature of Dream Duet is giving the music temporal musical precision as well as the diversity of musical timber, it benefits most classical type when there are lots of layer and musical line, you can clearly hear the flow of each instrumental and is combination. So, drawback? Due to simple construction, its durability is weak, you need to take care of it to avoid mistakes and accidents which can break the cable. The AWG size is small, so it still doesn't benefit the signature of heavy cable. The biggest problem is that you cannot match the Dream Duet with the cable inside your IEMS, with lower quality of inner IEM wiring, you can hear the sound signature of DD but you never get the true/full performance of it.

I'm having plus sound EXO gold plated silver; it can give musical the micro impact/transient but quite harsh, but the sound signature is warm due to gold plated layer. I have some gold-plated cable and I experience the same effects on those. The sound stage is quite small compared to my reference.

About the brise Yatono, I admit that if you are looking for a sound signature of reference cooper cable, Yatono is an outstanding example. The construction is durable due to the multiple layer jacket. The sound of Yatono is balanced over the frequency range with minor emphasize in lower frequency region. Once told me that the Yatono give thicker vocal representation than DD, it is true and one can like this. But compared with DD, Yatono gives less micro detail, with benefit from tone precision and micro transient improvement. The signature one can realize about Yatono is its deadly clear background, the complex shielding structure has its effects. The flexibility of 4 wire model is still good and it is even more flexible than my earlier STR7 SE. The tone is nice, instrumental has its quiet space and separation, but the high FR extension is weak. The lower frequency is thicker but lacks clarity, I think it its weakness of cooper cable, good in tone but the micro transient is weak. Last but not least, If choosing a good cooper cable, I will choose Yatono as a reference, not the OP PW cable.

Jan 9, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #533 of 839
IMO, Crystal Dream Duet material is more advanced than any in ear cable in the market due to mono crystal silver material. The original cable is outstanding while re-termination results in SQ degredation. The signature of DD is tone precision, wide bandwidth, the smooth signature you described is more than that, while smoothening signature we often hear is only flattening micro detail, the smooth signature of DD is it can reproduce every detail on the finest(tiniest) level of volume, micro, nano, pico detail (something like that). Another signature of Dream Duet is giving the music temporal musical precision as well as the diversity of musical timber, it benefits most classical type when there are lots of layer and musical line, you can clearly hear the flow of each instrumental and is combination. So, drawback? Due to simple construction, its durability is weak, you need to take care of it to avoid mistakes and accidents which can break the cable. The AWG size is small, so it still doesn't benefit the signature of heavy cable. The biggest problem is that you cannot match the Dream Duet with the cable inside your IEMS, with lower quality of inner IEM wiring, you can hear the sound signature of DD but you never get the true/full performance of it.
You described DD much better than I did :) I've had this cable since late 2018 and none of the other pure silver cable or even some claiming to use mono crystal silver material comes close to it. This is why Siltech/Crystal Cable have the most expensive mono crystal cables in the market. I've long heard rumors about a DD successor but none have been announced yet. I envy the very few people who were able to get the 8-wire versions of DD before it was discontinued.

Durability is definitely an issue and you need to take really good care of it. I've seen a few DD causalities over the years and some owners decided to break that cable up as internal wiring for other CIEMs/devices.

Jan 9, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #534 of 839
You described DD much better than I did :) I've had this cable since late 2018 and none of the other pure silver cable or even some claiming to use mono crystal silver material comes close to it. This is why Siltech/Crystal Cable have the most expensive mono crystal cables in the market. I've long heard rumors about a DD successor but none have been announced yet. I envy the very few people who were able to get the 8-wire versions of DD before it was discontinued.

Durability is definitely an issue and you need to take really good care of it. I've seen a few DD causalities over the years and some owners decided to break that cable up as internal wiring for other CIEMs/devices.
For silver cable, the fastest way to achieve decent quality cable is UP OCC. But mono crystal is different stories, some other claim but none can prove by product. I have asked about 8 wire Dream Duet but they refuse to make it then 8 wire may result from custom/diy. I used to have 8 wire of Double Duet :)) still DD but different.
I have my Dream Duet from 2020, still try other but I have known that I have found my ultimate cable.
Durability is definitely an issue and you need to take really good care of it
Yes, It is the point. Good handling results in better cable condition. I can keep the original structure over time.
Yep, it can be a workable solution.

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #535 of 839
I have asked about 8 wire Dream Duet but they refuse to make it then 8 wire may result from custom/diy.
Actually, there were some 8-wire DDs named "Special Dream Duet" out in the wild. It was discontinued very quickly by Crystal Cable for whatever reason.
45949451_522661814811327_2111083589713002496_n.jpeg

Jan 9, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #536 of 839
Actually, there were some 8-wire DDs named "Special Dream Duet" out in the wild. It was discontinued very quickly by Crystal Cable for whatever reason.
45949451_522661814811327_2111083589713002496_n.jpeg
Yes, I remember this picture but suspect the reality chance of it. Now they refuse 8x DD so we cannot order it. We are off topic for Brise so far. If we continue to talk, we should move to the Crystal topic I have created.

Jan 9, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #537 of 839

Very informative, thank you 🤔👍

I think to afford the Naobi for my beloved FitEar 111.

And 100% agreed about your statement for the Tri Silver's sound style. 😉

Jan 11, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #539 of 839
Has anyone tried the portable amp from brise ?!?
@Gavin C4 can give feebdack. There was also a brief report on the Watercooler thread a week or so ago.

My sense is that Mass Kobo remains top tier.... maybe I'm wrong.

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #540 of 839
The amp from brise is great for listening. It has slight mid coloration for fuller vocals. While mass kobo goes for a more neutral and clean approach. Both are solid amps. I liked the Mass kobo more than Brise as personal perference. Waiting time is also shorter and availability is higher with Mass kobo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back