The Bourne Ultimatum
Aug 4, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #16 of 56
I'm a big fan of the Bourne movies so I was really looking forward to Ultimatum. I think they did a terrific job in intertwining the previous movie with this one and the whole story line. As for the camera work: I know that type of cinematography can be very annoying for some. And, at first, I agree with the previous poster about the fight-sequence in the second movie in the Op's modern house. But then I felt it fit. In that kind of intense fight it would be hard to follow everything. Things happen so fast that it is training and instinct that are in play. So I think the camera work fits. I felt the same way in the major fight sequence in Ultimatum. Sometimes hard to follow but that was okay with me.

Probably my only complaint - and it really is a tiny one - was I thought the ending was a tad too Hollywoodish. Still in all - I loved it!
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #17 of 56
There were a few too many unrealistic moments (jumping off roofs, crawling out of crashed cars, disarming people against odds etc.). At times I had to remember if it was a superhero flick.

Aug 4, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #18 of 56
I thought of it as a longer, better, version of an episode of 24. I can definitly see how the camera work could bother some, but I actually thought the cinematography was quite realistic and put the viewer in the action nicely. Overall, it's definitly worth seeing even if you haven't read the books or watched the first two movies.

Aug 4, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #19 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There were a few too many unrealistic moments (jumping off roofs, crawling out of crashed cars, disarming people against odds etc.). At times I had to remember if it was a superhero flick.

It is kinda a superhero flick. Just not one where he flys or repels bullets. I know what you mean though. At least have Borne shake his head or something after a crash.

For me that's what's kinda amazing about the Greengrass direction. Along with an interest in process, he makes very unrealistic situations believable by giving them weight (thus consequence... even if not really). Something quite common in the most celebrated 70s action films, but somehow forgotten since. I mean watch this trailer of Freidmans Sorcerer. This is the closest we have to those kinda of gritty, realistic films. All while being pretty hi-tech and unrealistic.
wink.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #20 of 56
I'm sorry my camera skills aren't to your standards. I'm an amateur you know.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #22 of 56
Great action flick! Best one of the series hands down. I found the camera work combined with the sound fx to be excellent. It brought more chaos and impact to the film. So far it has my vote for best film of the summer. I recommend seeing this in theaters. It's a fun experience.

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #23 of 56
I'm a reader of the books, and I'd like to say they aren't the same as the movies at all. The only parallel in the books and movies, is the character Jason Bourne. Everything else, setting, storyline, supporting characters is completely different.

Also, in the books, Bourne Ultimatum is the last of the series.

Aug 5, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #27 of 56
not seeing this one, the first one, or was it two? was so bad and forgetable I don't even remember in the slightest what they were about except for mat damons ugly face. and seriously, a movie has to be pretty bad and have a pretty bland plot for me to entirely NOT remember what it was about. Pair that with a really idiotic sounding title and I would be surprised if this one did well in the theaters at all.

Aug 5, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #28 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pair that with a really idiotic sounding title and I would be surprised if this one did well in the theaters at all.

Okay, I'll bite. What's "really idiotic sounding" about the three words The Bourne Ultimatum?

Aug 5, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #29 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not seeing this one, the first one, or was it two? was so bad and forgetable I don't even remember in the slightest what they were about except for mat damons ugly face. and seriously, a movie has to be pretty bad and have a pretty bland plot for me to entirely NOT remember what it was about. Pair that with a really idiotic sounding title and I would be surprised if this one did well in the theaters at all.

Did the director of these movies buy your girlfriend a drink at a bar and end up taking her home or something? I've never heard of anyone who simply hated these movies. You sir, are truly original!

Aug 5, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #30 of 56
Looking forward to it. I really liked the first two, and this one currently has a score of 9.0 on IMDB:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0440963/

It's early to think it will stay there, but in any case, don't recall the other two movies reaching such a high score with the first 1500 votes.

Btw one trivia fact: the actor Edgar Ramirez playing the character "Paz" is from Venezuela.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back