The Biggest (Sound) from the Littlest (Amp). A question about Amping the ESW9
Jan 19, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, guys. I have an offer for a headstage lyrix. What are your thoughts about this amp?

Also, Arroyo...I THINK I remember reading that Dr. Xin sends you amps for your input...have you heard anything in your correspondence with him about when he may be up to full speed again?

Keep the thoughts coming!

I received two additional boards (B2 and C2) on Tuesday, 1/13/09. I hope to sit down and compared them at 200 hours w/ the C, C1, B, D, and D1 boards. So far the B was my favorite board of the previous batch of 6 boards (A, B, C, C1, D, and D1) received.

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #18 of 27
I've also been thinking of getting the ESW9 and a USB DAC/AMP combo. I've been looking at the iBasso D3 and was wondering how these two pair up. Or, if theres any better suggestions of a DAC/AMP combo at around $250 I'd like to know as well.

Jan 21, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by clasam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, guys. I have an offer for a headstage lyrix. What are your thoughts about this amp?

Also, Arroyo...I THINK I remember reading that Dr. Xin sends you amps for your input...have you heard anything in your correspondence with him about when he may be up to full speed again?

Keep the thoughts coming!

Yeah, I am not him but there is still some work going on.

I can say that the Xin Mini is excellent sounding and there are a couple of new changes, again, but for form and function it is small and powerful and offers top notch sound.

The P3 with the right opamps is also very fine.

Jan 21, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The P3 with the right opamps is also very fine.

Hey Jamato, couple of questions...which opamps would you suggest?

Also, I see in your sig, the P3 is ranked behind the D3...is there much of a difference between the two?

Also...the T4? What are your thoughts...I did read your thread, and know you definitely were impressed at first listen. Any changes in that opinion?

Jan 24, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #22 of 27
But for all practical purposes the Xin amps are essentially vaporware, no shows. If you order anything from Dr. Xin you may get it sometime within the next two years or so if you are lucky. This is the only reason I no longer can recommend a Xin amp. Otherwise they sound great if you are one of the few lucky ones. Does anyone feel lucky over the next few years enough to order one?

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #23 of 27
Since the P-51 Mustang is not in your budget, A Meir Corda Headsix should be a consideration IMO. Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #24 of 27
If your thinking of going with iBasso T4.I suggest you pony up a little more and go with the D3 Python.

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana1000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your thinking of going with iBasso T4.I suggest you pony up a little more and go with the D3 Python.

In what ways do you find the T4 lacking?

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But for all practical purposes the Xin amps are essentially vaporware, no shows. If you order anything from Dr. Xin you may get it sometime within the next two years or so if you are lucky. This is the only reason I no longer can recommend a Xin amp. Otherwise they sound great if you are one of the few lucky ones. Does anyone feel lucky over the next few years enough to order one?

Steve, in general Dr. Xin has not been very responsive to his customers in the past. However for the last couple of months or so he has been shipping units and posting on a semi-regular basis on his website.

I still think he has a bit of ways to go in his customer relations but his amps are sounding much better than before to the point that you loose yourself in them. As you saw in my previous post I tried to recomend amps like MiniBox-E+, Mini^3, etc until Dr. Xin has shipped a few more amps.

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #27 of 27
Going really small perhaps an iBasso T4(if it becomes available again when iBasso returns from chineese new year celebrations).

Oops, posted from page 1 so hadn't seen that the T4 was discussed on page 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back