The Big O
Dec 5, 2001 at 3:44 AM Post #16 of 23
>>The Orpheus thread seemed to be still alive (to a certain degree), so I extricated the posts that were primarily about watches and moved them to a closed thread in the Members' Lounge entitled "Watches." Headphones first!

The watches thread seems to be locked? I enjoy talking watches
biggrin.gif
lol

Dec 5, 2001 at 4:27 AM Post #17 of 23
My take on the Orpheus from the time I spent with it at the Detroit Get-Together is that it was my very favorite setup there, and the best sound from headphones that these ears have ever heard. Of course, they're expensive. And rare.

I am one of the ones who feels that -- in the time I listened to it -- they did everything right.

Dec 5, 2001 at 5:11 PM Post #18 of 23
Sorry to be off-topic again, but my Cit (named Eponine) is a 1968.5 DS-21 Pallas. (68.5's have the original dash but the newer quad-lamp nose.) She sounds pretty good, too, with a KEF Uni-Q based stereo. She's in Atlanta, though. Right now, my "car" is a Monatskarte from the Wiener Linien and my "car stereo" is a Philips portable CD/Total AirHeadroom/Koss KSC-50.

Gruesse aus Wien,

j

Quote:

Originally posted by lini
without looking silly.
biggrin.gif

citroeniste: Just btw, what do you own? A DS, maybe? A 4CV? Or even a SM?
smily_headphones1.gif
I also liked the looks of the Xantia... And the CX, too...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Dec 5, 2001 at 6:33 PM Post #19 of 23
citroeniste: I'm impressed - and all the best wishes, that she'll be still a fine girl in 30 years!

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Oops, sorry, that was off topic, too.
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2001 at 7:20 PM Post #21 of 23
Etiquette question:

If one owns an Orpheus, what is the proper procedure upon death?
1) Having the Orpheus buried with the body (pyramid optional) or
2) Passing it on to the next generation

What if there is no audiophile in the next generation worthy of an Orpheus? Can one bequeath it to the Head-Fi community? How does this work logistically?

Maybe I should change my dissertation topic to "Headphone Worship and Burial Rites in the early 21st Century: The case of the Orpheus".

Dec 5, 2001 at 9:53 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Question: why'd they stop making the might O?

Is it just a limited edition stuff?

my favourite line about limited edition stuff is from Ferrari. The reason why they make only 349 F50s is like that. "we believe there's a market for 350 F50s, but Ferrari is something unique, so we decide to make one less."

Dec 5, 2001 at 10:16 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by PC Corp
"we believe there's a market for 350 F50s, but Ferrari is something unique, so we decide to make one less."

Lol, that's priceless, PC Corp
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back