The big asteroid is going to miss us!!
Jul 30, 2002 at 7:47 AM Post #4 of 30
Quote:

The big asteroid is going to miss us!!

Damn, I am never going to get to use my asteroid shelter.
frown.gif

Jul 30, 2002 at 8:23 AM Post #5 of 30
it woudl never have hit us anyway. all we would have had to do is set it off its path by a few milliseconds (we have the ability to do such a thing) and it would miss us. Or we could have hit it with a few nuclear warheads (actually put them to good use for a change!) and blow it to smithereens. but we get to be lazy this way
wink.gif

Jul 30, 2002 at 12:04 PM Post #7 of 30
Cousin Eddie
HI: Now EDDIE you were one of my favorits on that team that we had and I am concerned about you drinking to much. So please EDDIE just a few drinks will be enough and on with a sober life.
PS
EDDIE did you ever find a way to wind up that watch?

Jul 30, 2002 at 1:12 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda
it woudl never have hit us anyway. all we would have had to do is set it off its path by a few milliseconds (we have the ability to do such a thing) and it would miss us. Or we could have hit it with a few nuclear warheads (actually put them to good use for a change!) and blow it to smithereens. but we get to be lazy this way
wink.gif

Oh sure, we hit it with a nuke and suddenly we're getting hit with ten smaller asteroids and they're all radioactive.
smily_headphones1.gif

The real solution to such a problem would surely involve Godzilla or Ultraman.

Jul 30, 2002 at 1:18 PM Post #9 of 30
I don't think it would work out that way. I mean, if we hit it off to the side, and only make it move a tiny bit, we can deflect it safely.

Jul 30, 2002 at 1:50 PM Post #10 of 30
No no no. Haven't any of your guys seen Armarggendon (how the hell is it spelt?)? We have to land on the asteroid and plant the nukes inside it!
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2002 at 1:56 PM Post #11 of 30
superman, where are you?

Hmm...yeah, ultraman could get the job done!

Jul 30, 2002 at 4:06 PM Post #13 of 30
DAMNIT I was going to do all those things I would never have.

Looks like I will have to cancel the dancing girls
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 30, 2002 at 8:40 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by jude

Phew.... this helmet was affecting my headphone listening.

Jude were you a Boy Scout? Prepared and wearing your helmet 16.5 years before it was to hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back