The Beyerdynamic Byron Series (IFA 2016)
Nov 15, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #92 of 170
Got myself a pair of BT, been looking for a smaller size bluetooth earphone for a while, Jaybird Freedom is too expensive and i don't like the bulky volume control design.

First impression is quite good, the store i visited has limited choices, but i did get my budget around range of 100 - 120 USD and finally i set my foot on the Beyerdynamic BT, it has more prominent, natural and balance with impactful bass compare with brand such as JBL, Jabra and etc, it is easy to wear and i don't feel painful at all for long hours usage, i like the magnet design while i'm not using and 7.5 hours battery life is surprisingly great, i wonder how the chuck in the battery.

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #93 of 170
I picked up a pair of these on Amazon for around £90 recently, got to say I am very pleased. Once you get a correct seal (as always with in-ears), the sound it surpsingly balanced.  I Went for the BT over the BTA for 2 reasons, cost and I didnt like the idea of the BTA's sound being coloured by DSP.  I'm  happy that I made the right decision.  Work great paired with my laptop using an IP Communicator/hangouts etc and the iphone as audio/handsfree (both devices connect at the same time).  As the above poster mentioned, I love the fact that these stick together magentically so you can hang them around you neck and they stay in place when not in use, nice design.

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #96 of 170

indeed they look nice.  Replaced the stock tips with Comply T100 series which I had lying around.  They stick out a bit more, a bit like bolts sticking our of my ears but I prefer the isolation, sound and comfort they offer.

Yea, their tips seem kind of weird as the stem part is pretty short, not easy to change around, i using Shure olive as well, the isolation and fitting seem better with that.

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #97 of 170
Hi spring biscuit. You can take a look through the threads about my extensive Bluetooth iem hunt. I've triedal the top tier bt headsets and now have two recommendations only based on sq. I do t care about sports and sweatproof. Rbh epsb has the absolute most detail, separation and 3D sound. The onkyo is almost as good without the detail being so pronounced. The onkyo gets louder and hasa lot more bass. Thebyerdynamic has wonderful bass and everything else is polite and not very noteworthy. I was very let down. Also look at the specs. Onkyo gets louder and has the widest range at 6-25.5 and 106 db vs any other headset. It's also very comfortable. Not as comfortable as the byer but almost. Yes the remote is a bit strange and big looking but it's really light. I can't believe there isn't more press about the onkyo e700bt and the Rbh epsb. So again for the best details and airy high end Rbh. For clear, great detail loud and great bass onkyo. For just great bass and nothing else byer

​I just got the Onkyo E700BT last week and so far I'm very impressed and agree with your comments.  The soundstage is impressive and the bass is just right with impact but not overblown.  I'm guessing the 13.5mm driver size is helping here. 

It seems Onkyo doesn't invest enough in marketing and they generally have limited production/distribution channels so they don't get as much publicity and visibility but I'm really liking their headphones!

Nov 29, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #98 of 170
If you use the Shure silicone tips, or even the Shure triple flange white ones, can you cut the stem shorter and fit them onto the BTA, then the tips won't stick out as much? Gotta give this a try or someone has already tried this?

Nov 30, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #99 of 170
  If you use the Shure silicone tips, or even the Shure triple flange white ones, can you cut the stem shorter and fit them onto the BTA, then the tips won't stick out as much? Gotta give this a try or someone has already tried this?

I believe you can do that, i did it with ACS T15 before.

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #105 of 170
@SpringBiscuit, what can you say about it's sound? Is it any good?

Sound won't be any much different comparing with MMX102. I got it in a discounted price, it is quite worth it consider how much i bought it, however if you looking at original price at around USD50, the competition might be quite huge around this range, i wouldn't say it is the best sounding, but hey i got extra volume control and microphone in it for my daily usage. 

In the mean time you can search for MMX102/101 for the review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back