The better sounding DAC?
Jul 30, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 8
They're both excellent DACs. You'll be split about 70/30 towards the M902, is my guess, but most people will vote for whichever they know better.

If I were buying, I'd but the M902.

Jul 30, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're both excellent DACs. You'll be split about 70/30 towards the M902, is my guess, but most people will vote for whichever they know better.

If I were buying, I'd but the M902.

Thanks for your reply...Have you heard both? If so...is the Grace M902 more revealing and nuetral? Also which is better for a simple USB cable from laptop hook up?

Thanks!

Jul 30, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #4 of 8
Xeon: More usefully, what headphones are you planning to use? That'll help people help you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeon [09] /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your reply...Have you heard both? If so...is the Grace M902 more revealing and nuetral? Also which is better for a simple USB cable from laptop hook up?

Thanks!

I have owned the DAC1 Pre and currently own the Grace m902. As a headphone amp, I preferred the m902. I also preferred the feature set since I was using it exclusively as my pre/headamp. But, I regret selling my DAC1. It was incredibly transparent. It lacks emotion, but I have never heard more of my music than when I listened to the DAC1. I'm sure that if I were in the states right now, I would sell my m902 and get the HDR.

Having said that, I really like my m902. I don't feel like it's inferior in any way. It's just different.

Jul 31, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by illkemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have owned the DAC1 Pre and currently own the Grace m902. As a headphone amp, I preferred the m902. I also preferred the feature set since I was using it exclusively as my pre/headamp. But, I regret selling my DAC1. It was incredibly transparent. It lacks emotion, but I have never heard more of my music than when I listened to the DAC1. I'm sure that if I were in the states right now, I would sell my m902 and get the HDR.

Having said that, I really like my m902. I don't feel like it's inferior in any way. It's just different.

Emotion meaning musicality like bass or treble emphasis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back