The Beta 22 Thread
Oct 18, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #46 of 100
ic...I thought my dynahi traveled to China...it's good to know I can still buy that back if I need to
wink.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #47 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ic...I thought my dynahi traveled to China...it's good to know I can still buy that back if I need to
wink.gif

no chance dude! I love that Dynahi and it took me a while with WTB to get earlier this year
biggrin.gif

I am not sure Dynahi boards are still being made anymore. If not, it will be of a class of rare, lengendary, reference amps.

Oct 18, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #48 of 100
when are the impressions coming? Dynahi vs Beta22?

Oct 18, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #50 of 100
Hey guys, I'm new to this stuff, is the Beta 22 a DIY only amp?

Oct 18, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #52 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. you can config it either single-ended or balanced.

Could someone link me or explain to me some of the things I need to build my Beta 22?

Oct 18, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #54 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by m11a1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could someone link me or explain to me some of the things I need to build my Beta 22?

here is the AMB's website: http://www.amb.org/audio/beta22

search the DIY section here on Head-fi. Or ask Ti (AMB) himself directly for help if you want to build yourself. Headwize.com also has lots of valuable info on building Beta22.

Oct 18, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #55 of 100
Quote:

here is the AMB's website: http://www.amb.org/audio/beta22

search the DIY section here on Head-fi. Or ask Ti (AMB) himself directly for help if you want to build yourself. Headwize.com also has lots of valuable info on building Beta22.

Awesome, thanks!

Last question: What's the average cost for me to finish my built?

Oct 18, 2007 at 10:06 AM Post #57 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast
Aha! problem solved! Now there is absolutely ZERO huming noise

So, the verdict is in, definitely transformer interference. When it comes to transformers, distance is your friend! Lacking that, you need some serious amount of magnetic shielding, and it's not always straightforward or easy to do.

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:17 PM Post #58 of 100
Quote:

Aha! problem solved! Now there is absolutely ZERO huming noise

What headphones are you using to test that? I only ask because in my case what was not audible with, say HF-1s, was still clearly audible with my Ety ER4Ps. But I'm sort of OCD about noise like that.

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:20 PM Post #59 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by m11a1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last question: What's the average cost for me to finish my built?

Rough estimate, a 3 channel version w/ single power supply will probably cost the better part of $500 to $600, with a lot of that depending on enclosure choice and accessories. Also, I'd really have to caution you that if you haven't built much before that the beta would be a very bad place to start. There's at least a couple folks around here who thought it'd be easy and now they're stuck with builds that don't work that they don't know how to fix.

Rockhopper's group buy really is a good deal when you figure there's around 20 to 30 hours of labor in building one of these.

Oct 18, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #60 of 100
Sorry to keep asking, but is there any sound quality difference between the 2 channel and the 3 channel with one being a ground?

And also, does 2 channel mean that it's not balanced and 4 channels means that it's balanced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back