The Best Portable Headphones EVER? (NOT A HELP/RECOMMENDATION THREAD)
Feb 8, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #16 of 27
V-Moda M100

Sennheiser PX100II

Feb 8, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #17 of 27
Here's the best:
SRH1540.

If you consider it a portable, it's the best I've heard, period. Well, that's if we exclude TH600/900 due to their bulky cable. But as a closed back headphone, SRH1540 is the best portable I've owned and heard.

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #18 of 27
While I haven't heard that many,I like Final Audion Design's Pandora Hope VI very much..big and heavy but come with short cable.very easy to drive too.so that's kinda make it portable-ish... :)

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #20 of 27
Any Bose headphone is great as a portable headphone, either noise cancelling or not. I've personally owned or listened to the AE2, QC15, QC3, OE2, and a few of their in ears, can't remember which ones. Great for being outside because of their durability, plus many have removable, perfectly sized cables.

P.S. A friend of mine has the AKG K551s and they aren't half bad for portable use, plus they really good for closed AKGs.

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #24 of 27
Porta Pros amped with a PA2V2. 

Dec 8, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #25 of 27
I would say the EL8 closed back is the best if you don't mind wearing those monsters in public. But if you're ok with wearing the Pandora Hope VI this shouldn't be an issue. They don't need as much power to drive as most planar magnetics. They sound great plugged into my LG V10.

EDIT
I grew to hate the EL8 within 2 days worth of listening to a broken in pair even with a more proper amp for it. Sounded like there was something missing that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

My current go to for portable, and in my opinion the best portable rig especially for those on a budget, is the LG V10 still and Fidelio L2s. I am surprised how great they sound for being so cheap, I often reach for them instead of my he400is. The LG V10 smartphone uses an ESS 9602 Amp ESS 9018 DAC. The L2s are semi open so obviously they wont block out as much noise as a closed back, but they seem to cancel out a fair amount. a quick summary of them would be breathy mids, sweet highs and bass that may be a bit too much for some. The low end on these will shake your head but it is not mindless thumpy bass. The low end has great extension and texture with a slight mid bass hump.

Dec 20, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #27 of 27
Senn Momentum powered with Fiio E7 + bass boost @ 1. I'm finding it very difficult to get interested in PM-3 or SRH-1540 right now, as I've been before.

Without the need of isolation, Aurvana Live is still one great pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back