The best portable audio player on the market
Sep 21, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #31 of 58
Or if anyone actually NEEDS more than 640K of memory.

Quote:
8 hours of battery life means that you should charge your DAP every day, or you will suddenly left without music.
That's just "if anyone needs more than 8 hours of battery life on a cellphone/e-reader/watch" or "if anyone needs more than 2 liters tank in their car".

Sep 21, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #32 of 58

Quote:
Or if anyone actually NEEDS more than 640K of memory.

No, i believe that that's completely different things.
One still could drive their car for 10-15 miles from tankful to tankful, and that's maybe enough for the city; but 640KB are making PC completely unuseable.
RAM size affects what you could do, and tank capacity/battery life time/etc affects how long you could do that.

Sep 21, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #33 of 58

Quote:
If anyone needs more than 8 hours of battery life on a music player they may want to think about getting a job or a life. Who can listen to music for that long? If we are talking about sound I will take the 801 over anything else. I have owned them all and the 801 just sounds better and can play 24/96. But if it's gapless you must have by all means choose that over sound. And I use jh16's and hear no hiss other than what's already on the recording.

What if you listen while you are working?
rolleyes.gif

Sep 21, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #35 of 58
Sep 21, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #39 of 58
Good idea. Good earhphones make much more a difference than any source upgrade - that is, unless you are listening through your sink's drain.

Quote:
If I had a 1000 euro budget on a portable rig I'd get some jh13/16pros and a clip+ or something. Just my $.02.

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #41 of 58
Thanks for all the tips.

I guess I'm getting my budget wrong. I'm gonna use the player for 2 hours a day in the subway and bus, maybe for some more traveling but not that much. 1000 euros for 10 hours a week fun is maybe a little too much.
Now I own a Sennheiser PXC-450 headphone, I'm gonna take a little step forward by buying a Sansa, Cowon or S:Flo. The rest of my money I'm gonna put away in order to buy a better headphone and DAC for home usage. That wuould be a bigger and better upgrade.
If I get tired my next player I can still go for the 801 what should be one of the best portables on the market. With the PXC450 a little upgrade should be enough for a while.

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #42 of 58

Quote:
I'm going to agree to disagree. Regardless of what you say I know a DAP with ~10 hours battery life is plenty enough for me!
smile_phones.gif

Then you probably shouldn't be giving job advices. If a 10 hour battery works for you, it doesn't nessessarily work for any other. We are all different, so are our jobs and habits. I easily clock over 3-4 hours a day since I often listen to something while working, and that's not including overtime.

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #43 of 58
Quote:
Then you probably shouldn't be giving job advices.

Excuse me, but please show me my post saying that ~10 hours battery life is enough for everyone?
The only reason I started talking about battery life was to contrast penartur, who was saying that with only 10 hours of battery life you have to charge your DAP every day, or second day. Because that's simply not true for everyone.

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #44 of 58
Be careful with Cowon's, The S9 feels very light and cheap, my friends agreed, and the audio is hit or miss, some love it and some don't, for me it was don't, so I quickly sold it 1 week after purchase, the audio signal is too coloured and filtered, I couldn't stand it.
Good mW output though, easy to drive stuff.

I can't find a perfect lowish-cost portable audio player either, so I just bought a nice tiny leather bag that will fit a PCDP, amp and earphones, now I just need a good PCDP, anyone selling? =)

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #45 of 58

Quote:
Excuse me, but please show me my post saying that ~10 hours battery life is enough for everyone?
The only reason I started talking about battery life was to contrast penartur, who was saying that with only 10 hours of battery life you have to charge your DAP every day, or second day. Because that's simply not true for everyone.

Please accept my apologies! My reply was directed to travisg, I accidentally replied to the last post, which happened to be yours. Again, sorry for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back