The best looking DACs
Dec 8, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #17 of 28
I also like the Da Vinci Light Harmonic DAC as well as most anything made by dCS, especially something on the order of a full Scarlatti stack. I feel the ML above as well as most all ML gear is also attractive (although that DAC is pretty outdated).

At a lower price point, the Auralic Vega is a nice looking unit, IMO.

Aug 3, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #20 of 28
Lampizator Big7

Aug 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #21 of 28
Audio-gd made a few of these brushed aluminum phoenix chasses. They dropped it because it was harder to make and wasn't as popular as the black cases of all audio-gd gear, and it doesn't match with other stuff as well as black cases. I know it's not a dac, but if things turned out differently, maybe audio-gd gear would be silver instead of all black like they are now :p. As for your question of what will endure, I think in the future a lot of aluminum cases would be brushed simply because it is friendlier to the environment, and box shape is utilitarian and timeless.

Aug 3, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #22 of 28
Esoteric D-1 Grandioso.

Esoteric-Grandioso-P1-D1.jpg

This is their answer to the dCS Vivaldi stack - a pair of D-1 monoblock DACs, plut the P-1 transport and external power supply. I see a definite Cylon inspiration there....

Aug 3, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #23 of 28
This is from my wish list thread:

dCS Vivaldi Digital Playback System ($108,496)

(Includes CD/SACD transport, DAC, upsampler, and master clock. I have a fantasy of getting one in black for a private headphone room and another in silver to use in a speaker room for friends and parties.)

Light Harmonic Da Vinci Dual DAC (grey) ($31,000)

MSB Technology Diamond DAC IV select (matte black) ($74,950)

Woo Audio WDS-1 (silver) ($1,199)

Aug 3, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #24 of 28
I really like the simplistic but elegant look of the Concero DAC. It just looks so sweet.
Unfortunately I can't say the same about the Resonessence Invicta which looks not so good imo.

Picture not mine though.

Aug 3, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #25 of 28
  I really like the simple but elegant look of the Concero DAC. It looks so sweet.
Unfortunately I can't say the same about the Resonessence Invicta which looks not so good imo.

Picture not mine though.

Believe it or not, this is the first compact stealth black DAC/amp I appreciate aesthetically.

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #27 of 28
I have always been a fan of the sound and look of Jeff Rowland gear...The only Jeff Rowland Gear I own right now are the monoblock amps for my home speakers.  They are faceted 360 (everywhere and drop dead gorgeous)

Aug 8, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #28 of 28
A new contender from ALLNIC : the D5000 (YES it is a DAC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back