the best hp that money (120$) can buy
Apr 14, 2004 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

MonkHead

Head-Fier
Howdy, well im new here but I'v been lurking around for the past couple of weeks and i must say, ill be coming to your houses to beg for food after ill spend it all on hp
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyways im about to take to plunge into your world, and as a start i think ill go for some "noobs" hp. what hp will be best for this small budget? and also i think that i should point out that im going to build the mint amp and if it goes well ill do the ppa as i got some skills with electronics. At the same note i soul also point out that my friend is going to buy them for me from Switzerland as the prices here are unbelievably high (damn tax reforms!) so if you could also suggest a good store in zurich that would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Apr 14, 2004 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 13
Grrr damn typo. i have been awake for 35 hours now, and im going to check my frined in the hospital. had a motorcycle accident
frown.gif
anyways i saw some1 compare the ms-1 to the Grado SR125, are they really almost identical? I laso laid my eyes upon those 555 by sennheiser and the SR-60 what would u say w'd be a better bang for the buck.

Apr 14, 2004 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by GlowWorm
Sennheiser HD580 (used).

I have a problem as i live in Israel and we dont have a local ebay here so if they will ship me a defect product i will have an hard time returning it... plus i cant imagine some1 here selling his 580
frown.gif

Apr 14, 2004 at 4:21 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by MonkHead
I have a problem as i live in Israel and we dont have a local ebay here so if they will ship me a defect product i will have an hard time returning it... plus i cant imagine some1 here selling his 580
frown.gif

Monkhead..

As a matter of fact, there is a HD580 on sale in the FOR SALE forum here right now.. 165 dollars with the oehlbach cable.. sounds like a good deal. Check them out here..

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=69000

Might be worth the extra money above $120 if you plan on building good amps by yourself..

Goodluck.. and in case nobody told you already..

Welcome to Head-fi.. and sorry for your wallet
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 14, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by MonkHead
what would u say w'd be a better bang for the buck.

KSC35s for $35.
tongue.gif

Asked similar question recently. Seems A500, CD780, MS1, ER6, and K240S are all nice options.

Apr 14, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #9 of 13
another one to consider: grado sr125 can be had for 100 from time to time. Great intimacy due to the lack of a big soundstage.

Apr 14, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #10 of 13
AKG K240S is another good option in that pricerange.

Apr 16, 2004 at 5:21 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by raaj
Monkhead..

As a matter of fact, there is a HD580 on sale in the FOR SALE forum here right now.. 165 dollars with the oehlbach cable.. sounds like a good deal. Check them out here..

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=69000

Might be worth the extra money above $120 if you plan on building good amps by yourself..

Goodluck.. and in case nobody told you already..

Welcome to Head-fi.. and sorry for your wallet
evil_smiley.gif

Sorry to go off-topic but raaj you're PM box is full and your email is also disabled so I can't really reach you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back