The best headphones for the smallest price... :)
May 10, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #64 of 129
Quote:
s500 is fast with verd high resolution, pretty good separation and sounds somehow magical across the spectrum

All true

Quote:
How sturdy are they?

Reasonably sturdy. No sense that they'll collapse, crack, etc.

Quote:
you forgot the s500, which will beat the others mentioned. yes, i know them all...

IMO as well they are the best mentioned.

Bought a pair from a seller in Japan last week via eBay.
Less than $60.00 shipped.

I was so blown away by how good they sounded that I bought
a second pair from the same seller the next day.

I don't want to sound like a wide eyed neophyte here -
they're not the best headphones ever made...
But a very, very good sound - an unusually coherent sound - 
priced attractively.

May 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #65 of 129
Quote:

All true

Reasonably sturdy. No sense that they'll collapse, crack, etc.

IMO as well they are the best mentioned.

Bought a pair from a seller in Japan last week via eBay.
Less than $60.00 shipped.

I was so blown away by how good they sounded that I bought
a second pair from the same seller the next day.

I don't want to sound like a wide eyed neophyte here -
they're not the best headphones ever made...
But a very, very good sound - an unusually coherent sound - 
priced attractively.

Better than any of the headphones mentioned so far in this thread? If you dont mind send me the sellers link please. Not saying that i am going to buy them, but just in case... :)

May 10, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #67 of 129
Shouldn't the Somic MH463, Somic EFi-82 MT, and Takstar HI-2050/Technical Pro HPT990 be considered?

May 10, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #69 of 129
Exactly all of the headphones i mentioned are priced between 50 and 70 pounds and usually the m50 go beyond 100.

Guys is it true that the v6 are not musical? to be honest i always wanted to get this because like they 7506 they are reference headphones and they are used by amazing artists and have been used to produce some amazing music. For example BT (trance) in one of his albuns recomends that it should be listened with the 7506. If someones claims that they must at least be something musically reasonable right?

I like the koss beacause i think they are cool looking but some say they sound tiny and metalic.. dont know if thats true.
ZX700 are out of my list now because it seem the bass is absent, the shure are cools, seem to sound really good but are about 25/30 pounds expensive than the other two...

The uptown have that momentum look but that cable does not seem very good and the reviews are mixed.

The Jvc's i dont know... XD

By the way, wich one of these is the best to listen outside? :)

May 10, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #70 of 129
Musical is subjective. People that say the V6 isn't musical probably prefer warmer and/or more laid back sounding headphones. Since you are looking for something that specifically isn't warm, you can safely ignore that. 

The JVC S500's are warmer headphones. 

May 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #71 of 129
Quote:
Exactly all of the headphones i mentioned are priced between 50 and 70 pounds and usually the m50 go beyond 100.

Guys is it true that the v6 are not musical? to be honest i always wanted to get this because like they 7506 they are reference headphones and they are used by amazing artists and have been used to produce some amazing music. For example BT (trance) in one of his albuns recomends that it should be listened with the 7506. If someones claims that they must at least be something musically reasonable right?

I like the koss beacause i think they are cool looking but some say they sound tiny and metalic.. dont know if thats true.
ZX700 are out of my list now because it seem the bass is absent, the shure are cools, seem to sound really good but are about 25/30 pounds expensive than the other two...

The uptown have that momentum look but that cable does not seem very good and the reviews are mixed.

The Jvc's i dont know... XD

By the way, wich one of these is the best to listen outside? :)

Don't get the Shure SRH-440, atleast if you're not using an amp. Everything sounds really weird with them unamped. Uptown has bad clarity overall.

May 10, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #72 of 129
I think i am really going with the v6's than. The V6 were always my first choice. 
To be honest i liked the koss more for the looks because to me they look really nice and the forward mids seemed nice.
The shures are expensive (half of the v6 more) but they have some seriously good reviews and very good features. But since they also need an amp that becomes even more expensive so for now they are scratched even though i am still a bit curious about the.

The zx700 i dont like the looks, the foward mids would be nice but it seem that mid bass is almost non existent and also they cost as much as the shure so they are scratched  too.

I love the Uptowns looks once again but the reviews are inconclusive and as i said before they llok beautifull but philips ruined everything with a cable that seems not very durable.

I always wanted to try brightness and detail so the v6 are for now my next purchase option.

My only doubt now is since i now i have the aurvana's, i am thinking of selling my k518 to get the v6's... Is it a smart move? Do you guys think i should keep the akg's?
How good for street use are the v6's just in case i need to use them outside?

Oh... and by the way thinkawesome, just checked your profile and noticed that you have 2 very different sounding headphones, the v6 on the bright side and the panasonic's on the warm/bassy side. Wich ones and wich sound signature is your favourite among them (if you dont mind me asking of course... :) )? Are the v6's amazingly detailed as some descbribe?

Thank you all once again..

May 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #73 of 129
My favorite most of the time are the V6's. The HTX7 and the 8323 are fun to listen to from time to time though. 

As for detail. They are amazing for their price. 

As for using street use. I use them walking around daily without much problem, but it's definitely not optimal. 

May 11, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #74 of 129
Quote:
Better than any of the headphones mentioned so far in this thread? If you dont mind send me the sellers link please. Not saying that i am going to buy them, but just in case... :)

As you requested -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Victor-JVC-HA-S500-Z-Gunmetal-Carbon-Nanotube-Stereo-Headphones-/281102405193?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4173024e49

Quote:
I think i am really going with the v6's than. The V6 were always my first choice. 
To be honest i liked the koss more for the looks because to me they look really nice and the forward mids seemed nice.
The shures are expensive (half of the v6 more) but they have some seriously good reviews and very good features. But since they also need an amp that becomes even more expensive so for now they are scratched even though i am still a bit curious about the.

The zx700 i dont like the looks, the foward mids would be nice but it seem that mid bass is almost non existent and also they cost as much as the shure so they are scratched  too.

I love the Uptowns looks once again but the reviews are inconclusive and as i said before they llok beautifull but philips ruined everything with a cable that seems not very durable.

I always wanted to try brightness and detail so the v6 are for now my next purchase option.

My only doubt now is since i now i have the aurvana's, i am thinking of selling my k518 to get the v6's... Is it a smart move? Do you guys think i should keep the akg's?
How good for street use are the v6's just in case i need to use them outside?

Oh... and by the way thinkawesome, just checked your profile and noticed that you have 2 very different sounding headphones, the v6 on the bright side and the panasonic's on the warm/bassy side. Wich ones and wich sound signature is your favourite among them (if you dont mind me asking of course... :) )? Are the v6's amazingly detailed as some descbribe?

Thank you all once again..

I certainly wouldn't fault the purchase of Sony V6's; I''ve had at least one set of them around for years. :)

May 11, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #75 of 129
As you requested -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Victor-JVC-HA-S500-Z-Gunmetal-Carbon-Nanotube-Stereo-Headphones-/281102405193?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4173024e49

I certainly wouldn't fault the purchase of Sony V6's; I''ve had at least one set of them around for years. :)

DAYUM!!!...

Zazex, just watched your profile and basically not only you have/had almost all headphones mentioned on this thread but also you already had some of the Jones i would love to have por try one da wich are the m50, the k550 and specially the hd25.

But still you kept the jvcs and the v6...

Did like them more than any of the headphones you havê had so far?

Is it possible a brief comparing between all of this models and the koss too please please please? :)

Only if you dont mind of course :)

Thank you... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back