blink.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #47 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by P.J
SR60s over 595s ?
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

I'm no fan of either, but I'd probably opt for the SR60 as the lesser of two evils if I was forced to.

Oct 6, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #49 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by guru388
When I went to the southern Cal meet in Aug. there were more Sennheiser 650s than any other brand there.

Quality, not quantity
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #50 of 86
I would take a SR-60 over a HD595 as well.

The SR-60 in my opinion is underpriced, and under valued. It holds up with at least the SR-125 and MS-1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by applebook
LOL. The OII is amazing...just a bit too dark for my tastes and requires $$$$$$$$$$$ amp to sounds its best.

The O2 isn't a bad headphone. I've only heard it on a KGSS and I thought it was ok (overpowering bass, not very good treble extension). Just not worth what the combination costs. Mikhail tells me the ES-1 will bring it to life and I'm sure I would have liked it a lot more on that setup.

Oct 6, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #51 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by guru388
When I went to the southern Cal meet in Aug. there were more Sennheiser 650s than any other brand there.

And that means what? You can find a lot of stock earbuds in the streets as well, so go and figure....
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #53 of 86
Why do threads like this exist.
confused.gif

Oct 7, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #54 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82
K1000 + Nordost Valhalla power cords. Who needs anything else?

Sorry everytime I was going ot post in one thread, I found something funny wrote by you, Patrick.....What the heck a power cord has to do in this equation??? Do your K-1000 need AC to work??? Are they electrostatic???

With stock cables K1000 sounds thin, lifeless, bright, cold, edgy, harsh and metallic, I couldn't listen for more than 5 minutes. That's not the case with Valhalla power cords, vibration isolation and power conditioning, I don't hear any weaknesses. It sounds heavier and warmer than HD590 ever sounded. For the past few months I have had too much bass and have tried to decrease it by modding the cables, and it works. Nordost Valhalla is a great cable that allows easy fine tuning of the sound by decreasing the amount of conductors used.

Oct 7, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #55 of 86
Quote:

With stock cables K1000 sounds thin, lifeless, bright, cold, edgy, harsh and metallic, I couldn't listen for more than 5 minutes. That's not the case with Valhalla power cords, vibration isolation and power conditioning, I don't hear any weaknesses. It sounds heavier and warmer than HD590 ever sounded. For the past few months I have had too much bass and have tried to decrease it by modding the cables, and it works. Nordost Valhalla is a great cable that allows easy fine tuning of the sound by decreasing the amount of conductors used.

Really, and you change all those attributes of the sound and go from a thin, lifeless, bright, cold, edgy, harsh and metallic, to make the K-1000 a completelly different sounding headphone, just tweaking your system? In other words without any major change in componnets, like a better source or an amp, just replacing the power cords, adding a vibration isolation and a power conditioner???

[size=medium]Yeah right!!![/size]

I think that you will not find too many people that will beleive that, sorry to be so honest with you...

Oct 7, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #56 of 86
I don't want to read this thread!!
blink.gif

It may give me a fatal upgraditis! I am outta here!!!
eggosmile.gif

Oct 7, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #57 of 86
Quote:

Really, and you change all those attributes of the sound and go from a thin, lifeless, bright, cold, edgy, harsh and metallic, to make the K-1000 a completelly different sounding headphone, just tweaking your system? In other words without any major change in componnets, like a better source or an amp, just replacing the power cords, adding a vibration isolation and a power conditioner???

[size=medium]Yeah right!!![/size]

I think that you will not find too many people that will beleive that, sorry to be so honest with you...

Yes, I'm still using Benchmark DAC1. But I have downgraded my Krell KAV-500i power amp into a Class D amp that has less bass.

Cables, power and vibration, they are all that matter to me. They make K1000 sound strong, full, heavy, smooth, fast, transparent, detailed, dark and open at the same time.
HD590 + stock cables sounds thin and boomy, it only sounds heavy at low frequencies but bright in the highs. But with K1000 it sounds heavy and warm from top to bottom because of higher resolution and less jitter in the system.

Oct 7, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #58 of 86
Quote:

Yes, I'm still using Benchmark DAC1. But I have downgraded my Krell KAV-500i power amp into a Class D amp that has less bass.

Cables, power and vibration, they are all that matter to me. They make K1000 sound strong, full, heavy, smooth, fast, transparent, detailed, dark and open at the same time.
HD590 + stock cables sounds thin and boomy, it only sounds heavy at low frequencies but bright in the highs. But with K1000 it sounds heavy and warm from top to bottom because of higher resolution and less jitter in the system.

Sorry to disagree with you, but to make the K-1000 to sound full, heavy and smooth you will need a lot more than tweaks....

Oct 7, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #60 of 86
Quote:

Sorry to disagree with you, but to make the K-1000 to sound full, heavy and smooth you will need a lot more than tweaks....

Okay, so you have tried the tweaks I have? Who do you think people are going to believe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back