THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Apr 23, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #961 of 5,010
Marie Digby comes to mind right now. I'm sure she's been mentioned before, I've been thru this thread two times but I can't remember. Ever since I seen her cover of One Of Us on youtube, I was hooked.

Apr 25, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #962 of 5,010
Carmen Gomes

I must bring her to your attention. I came across one song of hers on a Marantz audiophile sampler, the first track is a cover by her of  "Lets go get stoned". It has become one of my all time favourite female vocal tracks ever and I know it so well I use it as a reference song.

this is the marantz sampler the track is on

As I liked that track so much I found another album - a live performance and it is audiophile quality. A brilliant recording and again I use it as reference. 

I hope you get a chance to get hold of her work in lossless and enjoy

Apr 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #964 of 5,010

Devika Sona Mahopatra

Apr 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #965 of 5,010
Nikky Ryland has an amazing voice. This is an original song by her.

She also does a lot of covers, on which she demolishes the original versions. These are my favorite covers by her:

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #967 of 5,010
Stevie Nicks
Nancy Wilson circa; mid 70s

May 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #974 of 5,010
I dont think anybody mentioned these two, but if you like the blues,

Ana Popovic

Carolyn Wonderland

May 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #975 of 5,010
Specifically in response to the above recommendations, I've already mentioned her, but if you like Blues singers, you can't go wrong with Susan Tedeschi:

Please ignore the song itself, just listen to the voice:

Her husband also happens to be Derek Trucks - a fantastic slide guitar player - the following is a beautiful track, with Susan singing and Derek playing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back