THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Nov 19, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #77 of 5,018
I really liked "Folklore"' but didn't really care for Nelly's albums after that.

Nov 20, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #80 of 5,018
K.D. Lang for me.

Her album "Hymns of the 49th Parallel" is very very good.

Nov 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #82 of 5,018
I haven't seen Kate Rusby mentioned yet. I love her thick English accent...not for everyone I'm sure. Almost as good as Missy Higgins Aussie accent.
I guess this doesn't matter if you're not a Yank.
tongue.gif

Lots of my favorites mentioned so far. Some listed that I could never like, but I tried.

beerchug.gif

Nov 20, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #83 of 5,018

Quote:
I haven't seen Kate Rusby mentioned yet. I love her thick English accent...not for everyone I'm sure. Almost as good as Missy Higgins Aussie accent.
I guess this doesn't matter if you're not a Yank.
tongue.gif

Lots of my favorites mentioned so far. Some listed that I could never like, but I tried.

beerchug.gif

My favourite Aussie female singer is probably Sarah Blasko but I do also enjoy Missy Higgins.

Nov 20, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #84 of 5,018
No favourite but a few artists worthy of a try:

Utada Hikaru - Flavour of Life
Lisa Miskovsky - Still Alive [theme song from Mirror's Edge]
Enya [of course]

Nov 21, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #85 of 5,018

Lets start going up the scale a bit.

Giorgia Fumanti.
Cecilia.

And the beautiful blond Malena Ernman.

Quote::" Almost as good as Missy Higgins Aussie accent"  Now I know what that sound is.

Nov 21, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #86 of 5,018

Quote:
I'm just discouraged that so few people really appreciate Nelly Furtado (or at least, listen to her stuff).
Still waiting for my Mi Plan Remixes to arrive.

if she's the one that did the electronic/trance music on youtube, than I like her

Nov 21, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #87 of 5,018

Quote:
Quote:
I'm just discouraged that so few people really appreciate Nelly Furtado (or at least, listen to her stuff).

if she's the one that did the electronic/trance music on youtube, than I like her

:facebrick:
The only song of Furtado that is remotely electronic is Who Wants to be Alone. And that's DJ-Tiesto featuring Furtado.

Nov 21, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #89 of 5,018
Only one vote for Ella Fitzgerald, a voice like springtime...... Etta James, Diana Krall, Eva Cassidy, Sutton Foster.

Nov 21, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #90 of 5,018

Quote:

I like her quite a bit.  "Whoa, Nelly!" still gets a lot of play in my library 
beyersmile.png
 I think that album got overlooked...one of my favs of that year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back