THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Dec 17, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #3,046 of 5,020
Mediocre nobodies?!!? 
blink.gif
 I guess beauty is indeed in the ear of the beholder. Maybe it's just a little like headphones themselves. Some people might absolutely love the sound of a particular model while others feel that it sounds like some poor starving beast in the final throes of it's existence. I for one LOVE all the different artists and the the diversity of sound and genre of this thread and enjoy looking for those 'diamonds in the rough' artists that might not be entirely mainstream. Besides, in addition to a couple of Karen Carpenter tracks that I posted in the past two or three pages,  I've also posted several other amazing female vocalists. I defy you to classify Eva Cassidy as mediocre. 
confused_face.gif

Cheers

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #3,052 of 5,020

Hot music, Beautiful singer, she's the total package. I haven't heard or seen her in several years. Her career has been so successful that she does not need to ever work again. As a fan I hope she does and soon. I love her music.

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #3,055 of 5,020
Some of my top bliss

Bjork
Chaka Khan
Deniece Williams
Stevie Nicks
Amy Whinehouse
Jessie Ware
Tracey Thorn
Janis Joplin
Erykah Badu
Jill Scott
India ( Masters at Work )
Norah Jones
Saffire D'Soul ( Soul Type), little known.

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #3,058 of 5,020
I don't remember seeing her mentioned in this thread, but I could very well be wrong. What I am not wrong about is her worthiness to be listed here.
Beautiful, soulful, and powerful Natalie Merchant is right at the top of my favorite contemporary singers and singers all time. Her songs have a sense and perspective that I connect with on a personal level. That's the gift of great artists, the ability to connect with the audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back